P0240 Code - What does it mean on my 2005 Chevy Malibu

I’ve been chasing this issue for a while, and I’m not sure where to go next.

2005 Chevy Malibu LS - 4 cyl

Some background:
The fuel pump went out in the car last September and it was replaced. Shortly there after, the check engine light came on and we replaced the gas cap which seemed to fix the issue short term. The light came on again in October. The car passed the emissions test in November. The check engine light hasn’t affected how the car has run at all, so I haven’t addressed the issue since. I’m now looking to sell the vehicle and would like to fix the issue assuming it doesn’t break the bank.

I took the Malibu to an AutoZone and had it scanned. I attached the results from the scan. The code that came up doesn’t seem to be a very common code.

Code: P0240
Description: The PCM has determined that the input voltage for boost pressure sensor “B” is out of range for the current engine operation conditions.

Any help is much appreciated.

“Boost pressure” generally refers to turbocharger or supercharger operation. If your engine is not equipped with either of these, it might be time to see a dealer about resetting the PCM to the proper configuration…

P0240 on some cars relates to a failed catalytic converter, not boost pressure…Again, better see a Chevy dealer…

I would have the catalytic converter checked out. If it’s okay then I would just have the fault reset and see what happens. I had a “phantom fault” on my 2002 Dodge Dakota that popped up during a trip. It was P0132. I reset it and the truck is still running great after 8K miles.