One dead in shooting at a Tesla charging station

I suspect the shooting was sparked by the charger. I am shocked it defaulted to firearms. The problem was likely a result of the current availability of a single charger.

Remember, when Teslas are outlawed, only outlaws will have Teslas.

Sorry to amp this up, but my resistance to Teslas is only exceeded by my capacitance for puns.

9 Likes

Hummm, higher class, wealthy people shoot each other too?? Who would of thought…

2 Likes

Must have been a YouTube short where the kid tells his dad that he got in trouble at school. Teacher said guns kill people and the kid said well my pencil made me fail my test. Dad roars. I liked that one. Charging stations are dangerous.

2 Likes

I know 2 people who own Tesla’s. They are NOT high-class wealthy people. If you think that then anyone owning a Lexus is High-class and wealthy. The Tesla cost less then most Lexus’s or any other higher-end luxury vehicle. They bought the Tesla because they are frugal and saving money.

4 Likes

Huh, there are as many looney tunes among the “high class wealthy” segment of the population as any other segment and maybe more. I will let you boys argue over whether a Tesla is an economy car or not, but having a family pedigree or accumulating a lot of money does not predict sanity.

1 Like

+1
Probably not many folks at this point recall the murder of famed Architect Stanford White by Harry K. Thaw, a wacked-out industrialist/millionaire. There are surely more recent examples, but this one stands out in my mind.

It’s probably worth mentioning that Thaw was sent to a mental institution rather than prison, but because of his… connections… he was released from that institution in just a few years, even though he was still crazy.

It’s probably also worth mentioning that the victim–Stanford White–was also extremely wealthy and also had mental issues that were manifested in his sexual predation of young girls.

1 Like

There are plenty of perfectly sane people who commit murder all the time. Our prisons are full of them. The guy is just amoral. There are plenty of rich amoral people. Not too hard to find.

1 Like

Yeah amoral is maybe a better word. Otoh if you have no compassion or interest in others, cheat steal their expense, some would say that is psychopathic which would indicate a form of insanity.

Two things on my list. How to shut off Apple News that proposes to tell me what I need to know as if I care what Apple News says, and how to shut off apple changing my words all the time.

1 Like

Resistance is futile, Earthling. :wink:

1 Like

Covid frustrations may be part of the reason. The radio news was interviewing a gov’t worker yesterday, his job is to analyze traffic patterns , looking for bottlenecks. He said the rude & impolite driver behavior he’s seeing now is unlike anything he’s ever seen before in the SF Bay Area.

1 Like

Yeah cause all these people stopped having to drive to work and got to stay home in their PJ’s, and after 3 years of being lazy (and getting free money) they are having to get up, get dressed, then fight traffic again… A lot of people got spoiled during covid… I was an essential working and still had to work 5 days a week (although hours got cut from 48-50 down to max 34 hours a week, the no money sucked and the gov didn’t help the ones of us still working, believe it or not we still had bills to pay), I also travelled to other locations to help out (and get extra hours) since most were laid off (aka getting lots of free money) when others called out sick… I loved driving during covid cause the roads were clear mostly and Cops were afraid to pull you over for speeding… hehe… They are now making up for it though… lol…

4 Likes