OMFGGF's WTF?

If only most crash tests were not conducted at a 30 mph rate I would agree with you…

however, the pessimist in me yells at reasons why Darwin’s theory is not in activity. The first photo they’re in a carpool lane in a HIGHWAY. I don’t care how you look at it… some people need to rethink to the level of “adult supervision.”

Why is it “liberal” to care about their safety?

It’s not.

And then there are people who STAGE photoshoots like this in the hopes of making money off it, somehow…Look at the recent “Balloon Boy” fiasco in Boulder, Colorado…

If you find yourself outraged by a series of “candid” photographs, chances are, the photos were created for the express purpose of eliciting that outrage. Once outraged, you become very easy to manipulate in a direction you might not normally move…

AMEN CADDY !!!

Sonya says: The first photo they’re in a carpool lane in a HIGHWAY.

Carpool lane? Carpool lanes out west are to the left side of the fast lane, and are marked with a “diamond” painted on the lane.

Why are they on the RIGHT in Florida, and where is the “car pool” designation???

Your comment re: “Darwins theory” is funny :slight_smile: If it worked with people it would solve all

Probably not the smartest thing I’ve seen but if those are NH plates it is all legal. I’m actually surprised to see so many horrified people… i’m sure many of you are as negligent as these parents. Sure you may not attach your kids to car seats within a truck bed but I know sure as fertilizer you let your kids ride their bicycles without helmets.

I could understand the outrage had they not used car seats but most of you need to relax… I think you members of the neighborhood watch need to simmer down and go back to listening to your police scanners.

Mass Hole, Some Folks Have Never Eaten Paste, Had B-B Gun Fights (My Dad, Not Me On This One), Raced Dirt Bikes, Or Played With Cherry Bombs. Too Bad Because Then They Could Relax.

Some have never experienced a cherry bomb going off inside their car, either. I’m still a little ticked at one of my friends over that one. We were able to get the windows open quickly enough to “equalize pressure” after he announced that he had dropped it.

Ever ride in a Corvair gotng backwards from one friend’s house to another friend’s house, a couple miles away? How about potato cannons that used gasoline and spark plugs or bicycles Powered by B&S engines with propellers. Rocket motor go-carts (that one was taken apart never to run again after just one brief “firing”). Almost took a house off its foundation. That was not a good project and wasn’t done to the specs in the Hot Rod Magazine article.

I’m not saying we were wild kids, but we did build some fond memories and we all lived to tell about them. I could go on, but I’d be writing for hours.

CSA

I actually “ran with scissors” :wink:

But when we express concern for these kids, we’re branded as “liberals” who want to take away freedom.

GSN, That’s what these neocons like to do. For example, if you ask whether or not torture is effective, they will respond with “Why do you hate America?” instead of answering the question. If you express concern about infants riding in the back of a pick-up truck, they will say, “but I ate paste when I was kid, so whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!” We know one thing for sure, eating paste doesn’t make you any smarter.

Jacksonville, FL doesn’t have any carpool lanes. Those are for big city folk.

Well, I’m such a pointyheaded liberal you could hurt yourself on the sharp end, but I have to agree with the folks saying “calm down.”

Sure, that’s riskier behavior than correctly belted into the back seats of a sedan. But the pickup only has one passenger seat. Would it have been safer for mom to hold both kids on her lap? I doubt it.

I suppose the driver could have made three trips, one for each passenger, but then there would have to be someone at the destination to watch the kids until mom comes over on the last trip, or else it’s also a Child Protective Services situation…

Everybody has to go through life making risk assessments. Driving a pickup slowly and carefully with kids in child seats and an adult to watch them is probably far from the most dangerous situation kids have in their lives. You could make the case that drinking lots of soda pop kills kids much more surely than that, if a lot more slowly.

HEY “Don” quixote9!!
Who you callin a pointy headed liberal?? LOL :slight_smile:
I heard you pick fights with windmills. ha ha…
I agree about the soda pop, french fries etc. Like someone else pointed out here, it’s time to outlaw all the McDonalds.

“It’s my business because I will have to pay for their hospital bills while they “live” their lives in a vegetative state. You will, too.”

And that what the government will say once they push through health care, we are saying that you can’t do X because it will cause an increase in health care.

Almost everything you do is a “privilege” any license is a privilege, a doctor has the “privilege” of being a doctor because we give him/her a license, same thing with a lawyer, CPA, etc. Heck even voting has been called a “privilege”.

So if it’s really about saving money, which you said it was your business because you have to pay for their hospital bills, then here I’ll save you a bunch of money, all we have to do is set the speed limit to 10 mph. All cars will have a limiter install to prevent speeding.

There I just saved over a 1,000 lives a day, what too slow, don’t you want to save children? How heartless are you to let children die so you can drive a little faster. Think of the health care dollars you’d save?

And what’s really sad is there are people who’ll think that was a good idea.

And before you ask yes I rode in the back of a truck many times. I was GREAT!! Heck I’ve did it this summer.

I even sat on my dad’s lap at five years old so I could steer the van. I slept in the back window of the car. I played with my hot wheels in the back of a station wagon, no seat belt, I wasn’t even in a seat.

Most of my friends have done the same, yet somehow we survived.

I guess it could be worse.

As I looked at the picture, I thought about the hay rides we went on as teen agers. I think the children riding in bed of the pick-up were in less danger in broad daylight in a vehicle that can move with traffic than we were on the road at night in a wagon going at tractor speed. The kids in the truck were sitting down–I won’t comment on our positions in the hay wagon.

??only one kid was saved, it would mean one kid was allowed to see the world, instead of spending all of his life in a coma, or worse. I think that is worth you being less “free”.?

Just one, oh good then here I?ll save 1,000?s every day, first a 10 mph speed limit, that alone will save over a 1,000 people including children a day.

Of course we?ll have to ban hot dogs, nuts and seeds, chunks of meat or cheese, whole grapes, (hard, gooey, or sticky) candy, popcorn, chunks of peanut butter, raw vegetables, raisins, chewing gum, balloons, coins, marbles, toys with small parts, toys that can be compressed to fit entirely into a child’s mouth, small balls, pen or marker caps, small button-type batteries, these are all choking hazards and banning them will save at least one child?s life.

Oh don?t forget to ban motorcycles, bicycles, skate boards, swimming pools, 5 gallon pails, skates, etc, trust me I could go on and on and on.

You can?t make the world completely safe and to try is a sure sign you?ve gone off the deep end. Use the logic of ?if it saves one child? means you would have to ban just about EVERYTHING children have been kill using all the objects and foods I?ve listed an many more that I haven?t listed. People have been killed eating spinach; does that mean we should ban spinach? Using the logic of ?if it would save one child? then of course you would have to ban spinach. After all don?t you care about the children?

In the end you would be no safer, and more and more people would be in jail or have their children in foster care, oh wait we can?t have foster care, children have died in foster care so we have to ban foster care, after all if keeping a child out of foster care would save just one live then we should ban it.

Giving up freedom for safety means you will have neither.

My opinions are subject to change with new facts.

In NH this woudl be illegal.

I’ll have to respectfully disagree with those who argue that this is no big deal. When we were young we did many unsafe things without realizing it, but we should have learned by now. Injuries in accidents are greatly reduced in both quantity and severity by having occupant restraint, energy absorptions, and also protection surrounding the occupants. The ability to withstand the G’s of a 30 mph impact of whatever reatraints are holding the carseats in is questionable, and for certain mom is at risk. Flying through the air is dangerous. A T-bone accident could easily flip the truck, and then what happens to the babys and the mom? And what prtects the car seats from flying sideways?

Sorry guys, but don’t see this as safe. I would not want my children ridng in this manner.

Or the driver could take the kids home and leave them with someone, then come back for the mother. Also, they could call a friend with a 4 or 5 seater car.

When some of us were kids, that was US in the back of the truck. Or standing up in the back seat. Or leaning out the window. The dashboards were metal and there were no seat belts.  <a href="http://rssalliance.com">jacab</a><a href="http://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk">domain names</a>