Haha!!, I see 2 issues with that, 1st one is someone is going to hit their shin on it and or cut their shin on it, 2nd one is if someone ever backs into a parking spot with a parking block etc, it will be damaged… ![]()
I think the cat was installed upside down, the heatshield is on the bottom, not keeping the heat off the floorboard, maybe they like to park over high grass or something…
Plus it looks to be a universal, so doesn’t fit very well and hanging down to low…
Not bad for a home DIY job, better than rusted out system dragging on the ground, but I’d be upset if I paid a shop for that work…
I think the last muffler i bought was for my 1986 park avenue. I think they are all stainless now, but havent needed one since.
It may be in the correct location, but it’s installed upside down. And given that, I’d want to make sure it wasn’t installed backwards as well. I can’t tell by the picture.
As far as the muffler install, I would be embarrassed if I charged someone for that work.
Someone you know? Getting a picture of the underside of the car inside a garage indicates you must know them.
Its been a long time since i replaced a cat but thought they were flanged on both ends. Sure didnt do any welding though.
I got a walker SS muffler at a junkyard 6-8 yrs ago for kids car. Was $20. Last year the non SS inlet pipe rusted off. I have car now and I got another Oem muffler at same junkyard. Think it is $30 or so now. Nice and quiet. Transverse. Fits well.
I used a band clamp. Works well for joining 2 pieces of pipe.

