Oil Sending sensor

My Blazer has blown the oil sending sensor 3 times in the last 4 months. PLEASE does anyone know why this keeps happening???

The only thing I would wonder about is the source of the parts or maybe high oil pressure. Pretty simple devices though.

You need to use a mechanical oil pressure gauge to see your oil pressure is with in specs…

It would be nice if we knew if you are working on a 1970 Blazer or a 1994 Blazer or a 2019 Blazer and what engine…

Where are you buying the parts from??? You could be dealing with a bad production batch of sending units or even junk AZ ones…

There is a number of reason that can cause high oil pressure, did you just change your oil right before this started happening?? Could be a defective oil filter, or clogged from not changing the oil filter… Could be the oil pressure relief valve is stuck in the oil pump…

I’d guess cheap parts… but that is a wild donkey guess since you did not tell us squat about your car.

What happens? What does “blown” mean here - what does your oil gauge or oil pressure warning light do that it shouldn’t be doing?

Is this sender a simple on/off device or one that has a range of resistance? Is there a problem with the wiring that may be grounding or opening the circuit when it should not be?

There is something to that . . .

A coworker kept having problems with replacement parts on his personal vehicle . . . until he stopped buying Autozone house brand parts and started buying reputable quality parts

1 Like