Oil changes

I LIVE IN MAINE IN THE SUMMER(6 MONTHS) & ARIZONA IN THE WINTER. I CHANGE MY OIL ONCE A YEAR IN MY PICKUP(4000 MILES).SHOULD I CHANGE IT BEFORE I LEAVE MAINE OR WAIT UNTIL I RETURN TO MAINE IN THE SPRING?

Both. Change It When You Leave Each Location. See Owner’s Manual For “Severe Operating Conditions” Recommendations.

CSA

I am reading into the OP’s message, simply because it lacks necessary detail, but I think that he is trying to tell us that he leaves the truck in Maine when he leaves to go to Arizona for the winter. Certainly that total annual odometer mileage would suggest that he is not driving the truck from one state to another twice each year, as that total would not allow for any extra driving once he has arrived at his seasonal destination.

Anyway–if I am correct that the truck stays in Maine for the winter, I would suggest that he should change the oil before he leaves for Arizona. It would be better for the idle engine to sit with fresh oil in it over the winter, rather than allowing oil that may be partially water-diluted to remain in there for many months.

Note to OP: Lose the “all-caps” style. It is the internet equivalent of shouting, and thus is considered to be impolite.

I’d change it before you leave in the fall before you leave Maine for AZ.

1st reason is you dump the used oil which may have some water in it and that will be better for the motor.

2nd reason, you can drive the PU immediately when you arrive in the spring and you are busy setting up for the summer.