Oil Change for a 2007 LS 460

Yow! What Would The Service Cost On A Top Of The Line Maybach?

I knew a guy who welded a custom exhaust up for Rolls Royce. The dealer wanted $3000…he did it for $400…this was over 20 years ago.

the local Toyota Stealer was gonna charge a GF $500 to replace a ‘broken’ window motor on her 15 yr old 4Runner.

mechanic i recommended to her found the motor was good. problem was merely a frayed wire near the door hinge. only charged her $50.

Oil is now a tool within itself to battle its own problem: sludge.

Further, oil is now used to control timing in variable timing engines, so it has to operate consistently.

Still, if a private shop uses the right tools, right oil and filter, and are reliable and cheaper than a dealer… use the pravate shop.

5w-20 Mobil-1 costs ME full retail $3.50/qt. Times 8.5 quarts = $29.75. A high quality filter from Wix or Mobil-1 is $8…total - $37.75

That’s not synthetic Mobil-1. The OP’s car requires synthetic. That is about $6.00 a quart.

can someone tell me where the oil filter is located on a 2007 LS460?
Oil, I’ve used AMSOIL PREMIUM 0-20, costs about $8-10/quart. Have used the last 4 years on my GS330, ES300 (or GS300/ES330). I use FRAMS Hi Milage filter and change that twice a year, but the oil only once a year. The cars are driven about 12000 miles/year. No problems. I use the oil in my other vehicles also.