NY added 24 cameras on these routes. Stay alerted!

More cameras, guys, and more dents to your wallets.

In Maryland speed cameras are usually used in school zones and work zones. Work zones don’t ave reduced speed limits normally, they just enforce the speed limit and double the fines.

1 Like

More government overreach, and more reasons for smart people to pack up and leave NY State.

2 Likes

Traffic citation issuing cameras in this area got the boot b/c of public complaints 10-15 years ago. Drivers were very unhappy about getting tickets mailed to them when they got stuck mid-intersection due to the very common commute-to/from-work traffic jams. I am unsure whether these cameras are making a comeback.

2 Likes

I sit here and beg the question: if my car goes 5mph over the speed limit as I drive daily on the interstate, that would be $3,000 a month in fine.

It’s really hard keeping the car needle exactly at 55-65mph, and I don’t use cruise control for a reason — it tends to make me fall asleep behind the wheels.

ALL that is going to happen is the speeders will very soon (social media, radio, word of mouth and others) learn about them and will just slow down around the cameras view and it will be more for out of towners… Just like normal speed traps, slow down and then speed right back up, all it will do is cause more traffic jams… :wink:

4 Likes

I have no reason or desire to go anywhere in New York state. This is just one more reason to avoid it.

2 Likes

Cedar Rapids Iowa too. They had them in Sioux City, maybe still do but they got a lot of South Dakota drivers. South Dakota refused to provide Iowa with the name and address information from the license plates.

1 Like

I have found myself stuck in an intersection after the traffic light turned red, that was my fault. A driver should not enter an intersection if they cannot clear the intersection. I was not ticketed by police. If I lived in California, I could blame the camera.

1 Like

All the areas I used to go to that had speed cameras were like that, slow down for the camera and speed back up, there were signs 1/4 mile before the cameras to warn you.

2 Likes