Noisy 2001 Dodge Ram 2500

I am having trouble with my 2001 Dodge ram 2500. I am hearing a whistling sound when I am driving. It happens when the engine is warmed up. It comes and goes especially when apply and let off the accelorator. I just had my timing chain and housing replaced at my dealer due to it leaking antifreeze.I have almost 93,000 miles on it. I am not sure if it is just the cold weather in maryland recently or if something is wrong. Because I know if I take it to the dealer for them to look it over they will not hear it or will want a lot of money to fix something and it will not fix them problem.

At least give the Dealer a shot at listening to the noise you hear,don’t buy anything yet,post back what they say and we will put the diagnosis “thru the ringer”

I wish I had a better understanding of how the timing chain cover and the coolant relate,what engine do you have?

I have a '96 Dodge van 318 that has whiltled for a long time, but now that you mentioned it, I don’t think I’ve heard it lately. I had the alternator repaired lately (at 125k) I bet that was the problem.