No start problem

ok got my call from GM they had me take my car to a dealer friday morning. they called the dealer and told them that they would be calling them at 10:00am to find out what they found out. well they (GM)have been really good and keeping me posted on what is going on with my car. funny thing is they are haveing the same problems i was the dealer will not return his call. so here it was 2:30 in the afternoon and they told him that they did not even have it in yet. now you would think if your corp. office called and wanted something by a certin time you would do your best to have it. now i guess i have to wait til monday before i hear anything. did not sound like GM was very happy that they did not get back to them when they were suppose to. i just told them that good luck because this is what i have had to deal with the last 3 years on getting the problem fixed. so will not know anything now until monday will let you know what they find out as soon as i do. i will say that the guy with GM that has been talking to has been really nice and like i said is calling me all the time to keep me posted on what they know. just need to have the dealer do their job now.

Some Companies Have Had “Campaigns” To Help Customers.

Volkswagen, for one, has had voluntary campaigns to avert government ordered recalls. However, even these usually involve safety problems.

CSA

We’ll Be Waiting To Hear From You. Is GM Guy Still Calling? You May Have To Have GM Guy Set You Up With A Different Dealer.

CSA

well did not hear from the gm guy today but did get a call from the dealer and again another run around. he told me that the scan test showed no errors but did show 2 old errors which he said it was two bare wires that if they fix it it will cost me 375.00 and could not promise that it would fix my problem. so i am going to call the gm guy in the morning let him know what i was told and if he can not do anything for me than i am just going to pick up the car. i am not going to put another 375.00 with the maybe it will fix it. they have had the car for four days now and nothing.

I’d Consider Going Right To The Top Brass At GM. I’d Call The White House!
Maybe you could get a tax credit or a bail out from Government Motors. Perhaps they could appoint a “No Start Czar”.

CSA

UPDATE!!! ok i go over to dealer and pick up my car (not fixed). but did hear from the GM guy and the case is now being turned over to the district specialize. so i was told i should hear from them within the next couple of days. all i know is i want to get it from the dealer have heard nothing good about them. and to try to get a correct answer from them is impossible. everytime i talk to them (when they answer the phone) they tell me something different. at least now the GM guy knows what i have been threw with them. will keep you posted on what is going on i just hope someone can help me fix the problem.

UPDATE!!! well heard from the district specialize and he has talked to the dealer and now they are telling him that it is my starter and are willing to put it on and give me 10% off the price. but still will not tell me that it will fix the problem. they just will not admit to the passlock problem just keep avoiding it. so now i have a call into the dealer to find out what they are going to charge me to put this starter on. if they want to charge 375.00 to fix two bare wires what is it going to cost for them to do the starter. i have a friend that would put it on for 60.00 if i buy the starter. i am at the point that they just do not want to admit there is a problem with the passlock system. but i am not done yet they have not heard the last of me yet.

OK … did you replace the starter and have you had the problem recently? My 2004 Impala started doing this same thing about 3 years ago. I have read enough posts about people spending $1800+ to fix and still having the issue. As it happens infrequently, I have tried to live with it … it has made me late a few times, but GM does not admit that they have ever heard of this issue and only want me to take it to the dealer and have the throttle body replaced ($650). If that doesn’t work, then they want to do the BCM … I think I may as well live with it and just never let either of my kids take it anywhere dangerous.