No power, can't jump, Chevy silverado 99'

Truck began to have trouble starting, this got worse and worse until one day trying to leave work I needed a jump. Jump started it and I got it to a parts store where they tested the battery and said it was bad. Bought a new battery and everything was fine for about a week. Then the trouble starting came back, then I tried to leave for work and turning the key made all the lights go out and there was no sound or anything and now it is just totally dead and I can’t ever jump start it now. If you can tell me what is the problem I greatly appreciate your time and knowledge!

I wonder if one or both of the battery cables are corroded or bad in some way. Check that first.

Other thoughts are a bad ignition switch, or maybe the starter.

Inspect the positive battery cable for corrosion.

Tester

1 Like

In your efforts to get the truck running be careful to avoid stripping the threads in the battery.

Check all grounds
Check all alternator connections
Check all battery cable connections

With what information given, I think there’s just a bad connection somewhere.

1 Like

It was just a Loose cable, I’m an idiot. I just didn’t tighten it good enough when i put the new battery in. sorry to waste you guys time! Thank you all for trying to help my Dumb ass :smiley:

1 Like

It’s alright man!
Sometimes you just need another head to bounce words off of. Cheers!

1 Like

Happens a lot with those stupid GM side terminal connections. I can’t tell you how many times I have helped a neighbor who could not get their car started by just walking up and twisting the cable enough to get a clean spot.

GM sell a lot of vehicles in Western NY because there is a large engine plant in the Town of Tonawanda and I think sometimes I am the only one is Western NY to not get a discount by being related to someone who works there.