"No Key Detected"

Thank you. Am going to get on the case today!

This finally turned out to be the car battery! Now all is well!

Hello - I’m a new member and as such on dbl secret probation therefore unable to post a new question (it seems). Hoping I can still get some help though by replying here to a similar topic. Here goes: KEY FOB VS Ignition Kill Switch. Help, please. Neighbor removed kill switch from 2012 Hyundai Elantra (not sure if aftermarket or not) because he said fob was missing and car wouldn’t lock so this was his work-around to just be able to use key. Problem is that ever since he did this, both of our GM vehicles’ (2012 Cadillac SRX & 2019 GMC Canyon) key-fobs won’t work. Our truck can be started as it has a keyed ignition, however, alarm is triggered when door is unlocked with key (alarm stops upon starting truck). No such luck for Cadillac SRX - although door can be unlocked with key (included in key-fob) the alarm can not be shut off due to keyless ignition not able to start vehicle - meanwhile alarm continues (which sucks for my neighbors). I did find a work-around: My GMC app provides option to remotely unlock doors but takes about 3 - 5 minutes to work, but option to remote start the car only allows engine to run but not actually operate to drive - (dash lights won’t work, console options don’t work, & cannot take out of park) so useless. However, if I place key-fob in transponder pocket I can get car started/operational. So yes - although a work-around - certainly not convenient as it is time-consuming and disruptive to others. The neighbor’s roommate drives the Hyundai and parks it next to our cars due to adjacent driveway. When her car is gone or is moved onto street (20 feet away or so) issue resolves. But unfortunately, we can’t rely on her to do that. She seems oblivious to the inconvenience it causes us and claims her 2012 Hyundai can’t interfere with our cars. Our dealership service center says otherwise explaining that if ignition kill switch was disabled incorrectly it can still transmit signal which is what disables our key-fobs. Let me add that we have replaced batteries in both key-fobs (have a battery tester - they are good), additionally as mentioned the key-fobs work perfectly when the “problem” Hyundai isn’t near them.
Can anyone offer solution or provide resource to help or at the least confirm that an incorrectly disabled ignition kill-switch can interfere with key fob RF (315 mHz)? Thank you. (sorry so long).

Hi John. Piggybacking as well as I am not able to start new thread yet (rookie status I suppose). Have a similar issue with a twist. KEY FOB VS Ignition Kill Switch. Neighbor removed kill switch from 2012 Hyundai Elantra (not sure if aftermarket or not) because he said fob was missing and car wouldn’t lock so this was his work-around to just be able to use key. Problem is that ever since he did this, both of our GM vehicles’ (2012 Cadillac SRX & 2019 GMC Canyon) key-fobs won’t work. Our truck can be started as it has a keyed ignition, however, alarm is triggered when door is unlocked with key (alarm stops upon starting truck). No such luck for Cadillac SRX - although door can be unlocked with key (included in key-fob) the alarm can not be shut off due to keyless ignition not able to start vehicle - meanwhile alarm continues (which sucks for my neighbors). I did find a work-around: My GMC app provides option to remotely unlock doors but takes about 3 - 5 minutes to work, but option to remote start the car only allows engine to run but not actually operate to drive - (dash lights won’t work, console options don’t work, & cannot take out of park) so useless. However, if I place key-fob in transponder pocket I can get car started/operational. So yes - although a work-around - certainly not convenient as it is time-consuming and disruptive to others. The neighbor’s roommate drives the Hyundai and parks it next to our cars due to adjacent driveway. When her car is gone or is moved onto street (20 feet away or so) issue resolves. But unfortunately, we can’t rely on her to do that. She seems oblivious to the inconvenience it causes us and claims her 2012 Hyundai can’t interfere with our cars. Our dealership service center says otherwise explaining that if ignition kill switch was disabled incorrectly it can still transmit signal which is what disables our key-fobs. Let me add that we have replaced batteries in both key-fobs (have a battery tester - they are good), additionally as mentioned the key-fobs work perfectly when the “problem” Hyundai isn’t near them.
Hoping someone can offer solution or provide resource to help or at the least confirm that an incorrectly disabled ignition kill-switch can interfere with key fob RF (315 mHz)? Thank you.