No fuel to carb

I have an old 94’ 3500 Chevy dump truck that i am slowly putting together. It was running all winter for plowing at our house. The straps that hold the gas tank broke so I tied it with wire for temp fix. They became loose and the truck did not seem like it was getting fuel. So I retied tight but it would not start. I out some ether in the carb and it started (new starter and battery). But did not continue to run. Does anybody have any knowledge on how i can trace this problem? Could it be the fuel pump or a clogged line? And how would I deal with this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

It could easily be a kinked line. Or when the tank became loose it could have damaged one of the lines from where the gas pump mounts on top of the tank, perhaps even pulling the power line loose.

Tracing the problem will start with checking for power at the pump and checking for output at the pump when the power is applied. It being a dump truck, this should be fairly easy access.

Before you do anything I stringly urge you to get the proper straps and secure the tank. Waht you’re doing sounds dangerous.