No Battery Power in the Car?

I’ve got a 1999 Subary Legacy Outback. Today when I went to start it, there was no power at all in the battery. The battery is only about 1 year old. I jump started the car, drove it for a while, made sure nothing was turned on that would drain the battery (which there wasn’t), turned it off. With in about 1-2 hrs from turning it off it would start fine. I waited several hours and tried it again and it is dead…no power. Any idea why this would happen? I had a bad “knock sensor” replaced and also the spark plugs about 12 days ago. I was starting fine until now. Could this have to do with the work done? I’m going to have the battery checked tomorrow if I can find a person to jump the darn thing and also someone open on Christmas Eve. Any help is much appreciated

I’ve got a 1999 Subary Legacy Outback. Today when I went to start it, there was no power at all in the battery. The battery is only about 1 year old. I jump started the car, drove it for a while, made sure nothing was turned on that would drain the battery (which there wasn’t), turned it off. With in about 1-2 hrs from turning it off it would start fine. I waited several hours and tried it again and it is dead…no power. Any idea why this would happen? I had a bad “knock sensor” replaced and also the spark plugs about 12 days ago. I was starting fine until now. Could this have to do with the work done? I’m going to have the battery checked tomorrow if I can find a person to jump the darn thing and also someone open on Christmas Eve. Any help is much appreciated

The first suspect is the battery itself. Although there may be a power drain (something pulling power from the battery while the engine is off), start with having the battery tested. I don’t think that the work you had done has anything to do with this problem.

Check for battery draws such as glove box light or under-hood light staying on after the door/hood is closed. Test these by pulling the fuse.

And of course check the battery cables, both ends need to be clean and tight.

charge the battery pull the wire that feeds the electric to charge the battery . try light in the morning to see how bright they are put power wire back on and turn the key of it starts you got a short inside the alternator. done. if battery is dead you got a problem with something else. look a light that stays on or short some place