Nissan Versa transmission replacement

I have 2015 Nissan Versa that had 25,000 miles on the car when I purchased it from a dealership in Nov 2016. One month after buying the car I noticed that the transmission wasn’t responding correctly. I took the car to the dealership and they said the transmission was bad and replaced it. In April 2019 after putting 15,000 miles over 3 years on the car, the transmission starting acting up. I took it to the dealership and they had to replace the transmission again. Why 3 transmissions before 40,000 miles on the car? I have 100,000 warranty on the engine & trans.

I assume this is an automatic, therefore a CVT. As far as I know CVTs are not repairable or rebuildable. I will not buy a car with a CVT. To make matters worse, this car is actually a Renault design. A french car makers chances of improving Nissan quality are about the same as Fiat’s chances of improving Chrysler.

I did a lot of research before I bought a new Versa last year and found a large number of CVT failures. Not much you can do about it except follow the owners manual and change the transmission fluid when required and replace the transmission when it fails. The manual transmission Versa is very reliable. CVTs have a ways to go before I would consider buying one.

Reply:
I am amazed Nissan would give you three transmissions !!! They are reluctant to be that generous.

Anyway, I have owned two CVT’s so far, which have not “failed”.
They are hesitant and not great for highway driving as they do not accelerate very fast.