Nissan probelm help fast elect

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY NISSAN ALTIMA GXE IT IS A 96 AND THE BATTERY KEEPS DRAINING EVERY FEW DAYS WHEN I DRIVE IT I CHANGED THE ALTERNATOR I KNOW THATS NOT THE PROBLEM .CAN IT BE THE POSITIVE RED BATTERY WIRE? THE RED POSITIVE SIDE COME FROM THE ALTERNATOR RIGHT?HELPPPPP

I know I am a pest about it, but ALL CAPS are difficult to read. Using standard case and paragraph spacing makes messages much easier to read. Making them easier to read means more people will read it and you are more likely to get a good answer.

You should have the charging system and battery tested. Many auto part stores will do this for free. You also should look for a drain on the system when the engine is turned off. It is normal to have some drain to keep things like the clock set, but sometimes a trunk light or security system (usually after market) drain more than they should.

Don’t assume that the new alternator is OK, some, especially rebuilt ones from the discunt parts store, are defective out of the box.

Yes, a wire, from the battery positive, has to connect to the alternator. Make sure that the insulating plastic, where the wire attaches to the alternator, is still between the wire and the alternator body. To see if there is a drain through the body of the STARTER, disconnect the big cable on the STARTER, and watch for a little spark when you disconnect it. If there is a little spark, THAT is a battery drain. You may have to change the STARTER. Sometimes, an engine cooling will come on a long time after the engine has cooled. This is usually caused by a defective engine cooling fan relay.

I went to Auto zone and they checked both the battery and alternator and they said both was fine…