Nissan Pathfinder 2004 acting possessed

Hi, I have a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder and the front windows keep going down when the engine is off. It first happened two days ago and then last night as I removed the key from the ignition I would hear clicks like the turn signal and then the windows would just go down. I had to restart the car to roll back up. This happened for almost an hour until I could get the battery disconnected. I originally thought it was the keychain because it wasn’t working and then the lights would flash and then windows would go down. We’ve had alot of rain in south Florida. Could this be the problem? If its electrical, is this an expensive problem? Thank you for your help.

It sounds like a short…or something wrong with the master control panel.

No idea how much this is going to cost. Could be a simple fix. Very difficult to diagnose over the net.

Thank you Mike in NH.

After looking at some data the windows are controlled by a couple of modules. One is a CPU and the other is called a Smart Enterence Control Module. The SECM controls the front windows only. There may be a problem with it and very possibly due to a moisture problem like you suspected. The module gets continous power and ignition power so there may be a fault with the ignition switch also. If the module is at fault you may be able to prove it pulling out fuse 24 in the dash panel while the trouble is occurring. If the trouble is due to water you should be able to put a heater in the car for about half a day and let it dry things out.