Nissan Loose Steering

I just got my tie rods replaced (and an alignment done) and all was well. But then the next day the steering started to feel loose (if I let go it moves a little). Also, I felt like I was losing control of the car twice, once while making a wide left turn and once while going around a roundabout. On the left turn the car almost fishtailed. Any idea what might be going on?

Take if back and have them examine it. Something might not have been tightened, or something else is worn out. If it’s unsafe to drive, have them tow it in.

Year/model/miles?

3 Likes

Let’s see?

We know it’s a Nissan?

But is it front/rear wheel drive?

Is it 5, 10, 15 years old?

Is it red, blue, grey, white?

I don’t know?

Tester

YES!!! Something is wrong, call the shop and have them tow it, or if you have free towing have it towed…

It could be defective parts, or they didn’t tighten the jam nuts or tie rod sleaves (not sure what year it is) during/after the alignment was finished, Or they didn’t tighten the new parts and they are about to fall off now… Or, or, or etc etc etc…

Or just ignore it and wait until the wheel falls off or something breaks, your choice…

If it’s a white one tow it. If a grey one maybe ok to drive it to the shop. Ties rods are not to be fooled with. Maybe loose, defective, or maybe the inner tie rods, or even lousy alignment. Maybe a different shop.

Way back I had mine aligned. Scary driving it especially in rain. Took it to another shop and found out my engine cradle was about ready to drop off. First shop never caught it.

It is a 2011 Sentra.

Also, just another factor. It has been raining these past few days, and also I was accelerating when making the left turn and also going around the roundabout.

Have someone inspect the rear suspension bushings for wear.

Tester

@Tester It is front wheel… 12 years old. Silver Sentra. @bing That is good to know about your experience. @texases Yes, I can definitely take it back in.

1 Like

Figured there was more to the story when you said it almost fishtailed turning a corner…

You may just need tires then, did the shop rotate worn out front tires to the rear??