Nissan Class Action Lawsuits Various Years and Models

I Have 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8, automatic, 36,000 miles, stalls and will not accelerate after I stop for a red light or STOP sign. This only happens when it rains. It takes a minute or more before it accelerates and takes off It also does not start right away, but takes a few cranks to ignite and turn on, this happens always. I had a mechanic check the spark plugs and sensor codes. All checked out okay.

As i researched, I read about 2 Nissan class action lawsuits

1. Notice of proposed settlement -Lawsuits were filed regarding the 2005-2010 model year Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Xterra, and Nissan Frontier vehicles… lawsuits alleged that these vehicles contain a defect that permits cross-contamination of engine coolant and transmission fluid, ultimately causing the radiator and transmission to fail or need substantial repairs and further allege that Nissan failed to disclose the alleged defect to consumers. See details at http://classaction.kccllc.net/Documents/NNS0001/NNS_NOT.pdf

2. Consumer class action concerning secondary timing chains, secondary timing chain tensioners and secondary timing chain tensioner shoes (“Timing Chain Systems”) installed in 2004 -2008 Nissan Maxima vehicles, 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest vehicles, 2004 – 2006 Nissan Altima vehicles (with the VQ35 engine), 2005 – 2007 Nissan Pathfinder vehicles, 2005 – 2007 Nissan Xterra vehicles, and 2005 – 2007 Nissan Frontier vehicles (with the VQ40 engine)… When the timing chain systems fail, they can cause a variety of problems, including the inability of the vehicles to accelerate and maintain speed, as well as catastrophic engine failure…
    For details go to: http://www.gotaclassaction.com/nissan-north-america-named-in-class-action-lawsuit-alleging-failure-to-disclose-defect-in-timing-chain-systems-which-results-in-premature-failure/

There is no mention, of the 04 Sentra, but with all this negative info, I can’t help wonder could the same or similar be happening to my Sentra?
Experts, please advise. Thank you.

Totally different problem in a totally different engine.

It sounds like the spark plug wires (if present) or coils are getting wet, perhaps due to a missing underbody splash shield.

You have a 10 year old vehicle totally unrelated to those you mentioned. As @NYBo said, sounds like you may need to replace some of your ignition wires, or maybe a connection is getting wet. And check for the missing splash shield, like he said.

None of the class action settlements you mentioned have anything remotely related to do with your car, engine, or your symptoms.

Have your car properly diagnosed and repaired by a shop with the experience and equipment to work on your car.

There’s no shortage of lawyers ready to bring a class-action suit against any company or any product made. The fact that a company settles a class-action suit does not mean they’re guilty of anything.

Your car has low miles for the age. It’s possible that the delay in starting is due to a loss of residual fuel pressure.
The rain effect could be due to water splash or it could be due to carboned up spark plugs due to the type of driving you do, humidity, and/or corrosion on the coil plug terminals.
You state the mechanic checked the plugs but did not state exactly how that was done.