Nissan build quality

Thank you for clarifying . . .

You are talking about the engine family which includes the 3.8, 3.9 and 4.2

I know the 3.8 had head gasket problems

I believe the 3.9 and 4.2 didnā€™t . . . or at least it wasnā€™t as common

I believe the 3.9 and 4.2 had a different manifold and plenum setup, versus the 3.8 . . . I believe the 3.9 and 4.2 had some issues with the plenum o-rings

For what itā€™s worth anyway, Iā€™ve worked on a lot of Nissans although not many of the current generation. Iā€™ve never found them to be any better or any worse than anything else on the road.

Main thing is religious maintenance. If the choice were mine Iā€™d probably go with the Rogue but thatā€™s purely subjective.

Your wife really likes the Rogue. I suppose you know what will happen if something else is chosen and it has some mechanical hiccups or she ends up not liking the seat comfort or whateverā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

Take the advice of ok4450. I once bought a Ford Tempo that I thought my wife would like. She hated that car. I traded it for a Ford Taurus after only three years and less than 40,000 miles. We inherited a Mercury Sable that was one year newer than the Taurus. My wife wasnā€™t really happy with the Sable even though it had more features. The reason she preferred the Taurus was that the Taurus had the 3.8 liter V6 and the Sable had the 3.0 liter V6. The Taurus was quieter and accelerated better. The quietness was important to my wife even though the 3.0 engine was supposedly a better engine. I bought a Chevrolet Uplander back in 2006. I liked the Uplander better than the Toyota Sienna I now drive. I know Consumer Reports didnā€™t have many good things to say about the Uplander, but I had no problems with it and our son, who now has the Uplander has about 200,000 on it and it still runs well, uses no oil, and has had no major problems. The Sienna has also been troublefree. However, I found the driving position better and the seats more comfortable in the Uplander. I would have purchased another GM minivan, but GM went out odf the minivan business. Buy the Rogue.

One thing about letting oneā€™s parterā€™s opinion drive the choice - youā€™ve got to live with it too.

Iā€™m living with a Jeep Compass. I WISH I was living with a Nissan Rogue.

1 Like

I liked the TL but she liked the RDX. Now we have an RDX that she likes but I donā€™t. I need a ladder to clean the windshield and wash the roof. No big deal. She didnā€™t tell me what kind of welder to buy and she drives the RDX mostly.