Nissan altima engine rings

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YEARS AND ENGINE SIZE THAT NISSAN ALTIMAS HAD BAD PISTON RINGS IN THEM. THE RINGS WOULD GO BAD AND LET YOU RUN THE ENGINE OIL LOW AND BLOW THE MOTOR. THANKS KEVIN MCCAULEY mooseshtr1@verizon.net

There’s got to be a story behind this.

If you want help from this forum, can you provide more details?
For example, what year Nissan? How many miles? How often was the oil changed? Was it driven by a 17yr old who red-lined it all the time?

I’d like to know the story behind this one as well. Any car, make, model, or engine can develop bad rings, or any other internal engine components. The cause is usually some kind of abuse, if it happens early in the vehicle’s life. I have never heard of any problem like this with the Altima, or any other kind of car, that was a factory defect with the piston rings. As far as oil use leading to a blown motor, part of vehicle ownership is monitoring the oil level. If you monitor your oil level regularly, you will catch on to a change in the rate of use and have it repaired before it leaves you stranded. If you can’t afford to have it repaired, by monitoring the oil level and adding as needed, you can make the engine last indefinitely.

I haven’t heard anything about Alitma’s with bad rings either, in fact I know multiple people who own Altima’s and they’ve all been trouble-free.

Same here. I don’t think the story is true at all. Who told you this? I hope it’s not someone who wants to work on your vehicle.

It’s not likely at all that the rings are bad due to shoddy construction. Problems like this are usually caused by a lousy break-in, overheating, or irregular oil changes although many of the people affected won’t see it this way.

If someone is allowing the oil to run low enough to blow an engine this means neglect on their part for not checking the oil.