New Weber Carb has no vacuum source for PCV

For anyone else interested in this http://www.tercel4wd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1112 is very helpful. Thanks to @keith for pointing this out. Based on that it looks like there is more to do here. And I might need to put that carb heater plate in. Dang!
However, already the performance benefits are all I could ask. Smoother throughout. Lots better power and response at all RPMs. At the link above someone mentioned that carb icing can be a problem in cold weather for a few minutes after start up. The climate here is pretty mild.

Re: Toyota PCV systems. Just fyi, for the venting to work properly, there has to be a path for a fresh air supply to replace whatever volume is vented from the crankcase through the PCV valve and into the intake manifold. So there are usually two hoses to the valve cover area, only one of them has a PCV valve in it.

Here is another link to a more complete post on the Weber install. If you scroll down far enough, you will see he install I did. You will see that I tend to do things the easy way, no welding as many of the others did.

http://www.tercel4wd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2256

I also found out the stock mechanical fuel pump does not need to be replaced nor a pressure regulator added. I had a new fuel pump on it too so it wasn’t a matter of an old worn out fuel pump with lower pressure, the Weber can handle a new mechanical fuel pump just fine.

I also put in a 4ALC engine. Externally it is like the 3AC, but its 100 cc’s larger and has a stiffer block than a 4AC because it was mounted longitudinally in a Chevy Nova (89). The 1.6 with the Weber gave the Tercel the boost it needed.

@ Caddyman,I’m around scores of newer diesels each day and most of them use road draft tubes(havent checked the newest trucks) one reason you have trouble on a diesel is that it will run on its own oil vapor and blowby-Kevin

“With a free flowing vent from the valve cover to the air filter housing installed there should be no need for a PCV valve.”
I know this an old post, but I would like input from anyone. If the above quoted info is true, and it can be taken that there is some vacuum from the carb at all throttle positions, should there be some type of low pressure check valve (approx. 1/2 lb. crack) between the carb and the crankcase, or valve cover, to prevent a fire as is the case with the PCV valve having a check valve for safety?
Thanks ahead.