Sea Foam - Brake Booster or PCV or No Matter?

I am planning to do a sea foam treatment for my intake system. Most of the “how to’s” I’ve seen say to suck it in via the brake booster (including a recent post by Tester). My PCV intake will be a lot easier on my car. Does it make any difference? If the brake booster is better I’ll go that route even though it is harder to get to.

I would simply add it to 8 gallion of gas and drive till tank is almost empty. It works real well in all of our vechicles.
You might contact the company- they were very helpful in directing me to the % to add to crank case to clean the moter.

On their website it says that you can add it to the brake boost or PCV: http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve port on the engine intake would be good; since the Sea Foam would then go the same path as the oil and carbon particles travel. It would then clean those oil and carbon deposits and on into the throttle body.

On my Mustang I used a vacuum port on the plenum to suck about half a can in. On my Bronco I use a vacuum port between the brake booster and the intake manifold. Both worked well. I like seafoam, it does a good job for how little it costs. There is point of dimishing returns though. If your car doesn’t have many miles or you seafoamed it recently (within the last 2 years or so) The smoke show won’t be nearly as impressive.

My smoke show should be great - if you see any news reports about a suspicious mushroom cloud over Central VA this weekend - its just me, my two old and dirty engines and a can of Sea Foam.