New tesla electric charging stations at the supermarket. Edumicate me

Agree on that I drive what I want to and live where I want and don’t care about what any one thinks.

+1
A few days ago, I walked into my local bank for the first time in over 1 year. Before being vaccinated, I began using the bank’s mobile app to photograph and deposit checks, and because my only reason to go into a back was to deposit checks, that eliminated the need for bank visits. The reason for my bank visit this week was because I found that my RMD check from my 403b was over the limit for the amount that could be deposited via the mobile app.

To bring this back to an automotive theme, there is also the Gas Buddy app that is really helpful for finding the best prices for gas when you are traveling, as well as Waze and other Sat Nav apps that are really useful when driving to a new destination.

I disagree. Prices go up when the standard of living goes up. It’s not the government, it’s life, and you are very fortunate to have been part of that. Governments do not control inflation, the market does. Unless you live in Russia or China, and I know you don’t.

3 Likes

Honda charging stations. Can you plug in Tesla there? Haha.
With Tesla/Honda adapter?

+1
And, despite current inflationary pricing, consumers are continuing their manic pace of shopping for high-end goods and other items that are definitely not necessities of life.

The only difference from previous years is that a higher percentage of shoppers are making their purchases online, rather than in brick & mortar stores. Their money is largely being spent in different places, but–all the same–their compulsion to buy luxury goods is only helping to fuel inflation.

Inflation isn’t fun, but at least the low end of the pay scale is driving prices up for a change. Low end pay hasn’t gone up like this for decades. Many of those that think America left them behind are finally getting their share.

3 Likes

Top post reminds me of a humorous situation. I’m walking along the sidewalk of a local strip-mall, minding my own business, when this aggressive-acting lady driving by in a Tesla shouts at me “Where’s the nearest super-charger?” . No “excuse me”. No “I wonder if you know …” etc. Just “Where’s the super-charger”!!! I have no idea what she’s talking about. I do mention I’ve noticed charging stations in the parking lot across the street. She drives away, and comes racing back in a few minutes, shouting at me “Those aren’t super-chargers!” … lol …

Aren’t teslas omnipotent? They can sense proximity to power sources

Tesla’s are being equipped with an adaptor to use non tesla chargers, supercharging is still preferred .

Makes no sense. She must be an idiot. Teslas will tell you where the nearest supercharger is, and then give you turn-by-turn directions to them.

5 Likes

Do you seriously think Tesla would put charging station in a place that doesn’t have cell reception? Worse case they’d have a wi-fi hot spot.

Damn touch screen delete, cannot undo.
Did surveys of work sites including underground tunnels. some carriers phones worked in places where others did not, Have experienced the same with cells where one carrier got signal and another did not.

Back in April 2019, Elon Musk stated that all Tesla Superchargers will have free WiFi over time

Lose or break your cell SOL?

We will have to continue to disagree. The countries that had runaway inflation to the point where people were rushing to buy food with baskets of money before the money was devalued more were because of Government crises., not an increase in the standard of living.,

3 Likes

That’s where hot spot would come it. As long as you have the Tesla App and a valid login you’d be able to use it. Hell…Even the place I work out at has that. When ever I enter the building I use their app to connect to their wifi hot spot.

If the phones get no service neither would any of the hot spots I have used.

1 Like

I assumed that you were talking about the US and I made it clear that I was talking about the US. Inflation is driven by the market here. The government didn’t make people take better paying jobs, the market did by offering better wages.

2 Likes

Ah…no. It would be through cable. All they need to do is run a cable wire to the units. Then have a cable modem and wi-fi router right at the pump. Doesn’t need to be much of a range. And your app account lets you log in.

We were talking about 2 different things, if the station has wifi wonderful! I was relating hot spot to one provided by a cell company. Though lost or broken cell phone would still be a problem.

You may be talking about 2 different things. I never did. All I ever talked about was using your phone to charge your phone. You complained about service which I said is a moot point because I’m sure Tesla will ensure you do have service. NOW you’re mentioning about what if you don’t have a working phone. That’s a different argument.

Did a google search.

One option is you can charge your Tesla at a Tesla station without a phone. The screen on the car allows you to.

Tesla Provides In-Car Payment Option For Your Supercharging [Video] (tesmanian.com)

+1
I have to assume that the female motorist in question has the money to be able to buy a Tesla, but she lacks the gray matter necessary to figure out how to utilize the on-board technology that she paid for.

This is reminiscent of the women in my area who drive around in late-model luxury SUVS with their cell phone clamped to their ear, despite the fact that their very-pricey vehicle has Bluetooth technology that could easily be linked to their phone, thereby giving them hands-free phone functions.

4 Likes