New CTV transmissions

Some of the new Nissan altima cars have this CTV transmission. Do these have automatic trans. oil in them like an ordinary automatic? As there is a belt in there & was wondering if there would be oil on a belt? Thanks in advance, Condos

CTV CONTINUALY TRANSMISSION VARIABLE…must be the beta version.

huh!
i ll request training on that at work tomm.

Their fluid is some kind of special stuff. The belt is made of metal. You can’t change the fluid yourself if things have remained the same as in 2003.

Are you sober when you post?

Click on this link if you want to know something about CVT (Continuously Varible Transmission): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_variable_transmission .

I don’t think he knows what sober means… I wonder if maybe he ate some of that ‘Do Not Eat’ stuff that comes with shoes and electronics when he was a kid.

We have a 2007 Ford Freestyle with the CVT and quite like it. They use a steel belt and I don’t know what they use for an oil. But I’d refer to the manual for maintenance on the oil. I pulled it off of Nissan’s website for the 2008 model. It states to change the eCVT fluid at 30,000 IF “towing a trailer, using a camper or a car-top carrier, or driving on rough or muddy roads.” So the regular interval is more than that. I couldn’t find the actual interval in my quick scan of the Maintenance book/log.