Need to borrow Dunce Cap

1999 Ford Windstar, steel water tube between intake manifold & plenum leaking. Pulled upper & lower plenum to access leak. Placed paper towels in intake holes (cheap towels). Fixed leak. Very happy job is going quick & smooth! Forgot to remove paper towels from intake. Engine started for a few seconds. Realized what I had done.
Removed plenum again & saw no paper towels.
Pulled plugs to try & fish out with wire, no luck.
Installed plugs and tried to start, won’t fire, even tried starting fluid?? Still no luck.
Help!!!
Will return Dunce Cap clean and in good shape for the next time I pull a bone head stunt!
Thanks
Ron - Cocoa (NOT Cocoa Beach), Florida

I don’t think the paper towels are the problem. I would think they would just pass thru the motor. But then again maybe there holding the intake valves open? Did you check for spark? Starting fluid should make it do something. You know back fire, pop back. This would be a long shot you may want to a compression ck. When did run did sound ok? I have sucked mice down a 350 chey motor. Open the air cleaner while motor was running they jump/sucked into the carb just as my buddy rev the motor. Motor choked a bit, then ran fine.

Disconnect the inlet to the catalytic converter and see if the paper towels are restricting the exhaust system.

Tester

“I have sucked mice down a 350 chey motor. Open the air cleaner while motor was running they jump/sucked into the carb just as my buddy rev the motor. Motor choked a bit, then ran fine.”

That’s Awesome.

Was there any beer involved or a “Hey, Watch This !” ?

I don’t listen to Country Music, but there’s got to be a song in there somewhere.
I know, right ?

CSA