Need help finding the starter on a 1992 Nissan Sentra

Hello,

Anybody know where I find the starter on a 92 Nissan Sentra? Ive looked at chilton.com and still cant figure it out… please help!!!

Thanks!!

Mike

Just follow the main positive battery lead. It will lead you to it.

If you cannot locate the starter maybee you should let someone else look at your car.

lol, your probably right… but the situation (car wont start and Im at my parents, out in the woods in northern michigan) so I have to find it myself so I can take it into town to have it rebuilt…

Well, if it’s anything like the starter on an '86 Sentra, it will be a pain in the butt to get out. On the '86 it is on the passenger side of the car near the firewall and under the engine. I got it loose, but then had to remove several other items to actually get it out. It was sort of like one of those ball-in-a-cage carvings. It was free to move around, it just would not come out. It’s been a long time, but I think I had to remove the air cleaner and the alternator to get it out.

The problem may not even be the starter since the starters are pretty reliable.

How many miles on the car? Exactly what does it do or not do? Automatic or manual transmission? Any “click” sound at all when the key is turned?