Need advise please thanks

Because this is a primarily a U.S.-based/focused forum, and there seems to be something of a communications barrier in play here. This isn’t a slight to you personally or anything, just that knowing what part of the world you’re at would add some context.

5 Likes

Does anybody here know if this car uses an aluminum engine oil pan?

1 Like

Oh! I’m very sorry I thought this is Australia based only;-) my apologies for my comments if I missed understand some of the comments :pray::pray::pray:

Is not that because we were trying to save some money but because the car couldn’t start and we are so far away from Volvo dealers ,I have tried to contacted local mechanic car yards and received no response due to covid and busy time I guess. So we thought the mobile mechanic is an easy option as we need the car ( only car we have) is just changing alternator we thought any mechanic could do the job. And it wasn’t cheaper than Volvo would charge us.

If I could drive my car to Volvo that day, I would.

English is my second I’m sorry if I’ve confused you and Im very sorry if I miss understand you in anyway . I thought this page is Australia based only :pray::pray::pray:

Heh heh. I was following a guy in New Zealand restoring an old Morris Minor. Then the virus struck and he disappeared. Crazy times down under too. Hope things get back to normal at some point.

At any rate more than once I have towed my car home 50 miles to get it to a shop or 30 miles to a dealer. I don’t know what that is in kilometers but I’ve never been afraid to tow it someplace where I was more confident in the work. I drew the line at 200 miles though.

1 Like

I was not there but volvo should be able to tell you the damage to the car. The Cost for repair will be something else, if he denies the damage you may have to go to small claims court to try to collect for damages. So, make sure you have all your evidence, statement and photos & Volvo written damages. Just because you get a judgement does not mean you will collect! If he does not want to pay they usually do not. The court may allow him to fix the car or attempt to first? You may be talking about a new engine. I once had Pepboys change oil on a new engine and they put too much oil in 6 quarts Its was a friday night and they would not take the extra oil out I said, to the manager if damage is done driving home its on you! Sure enought the truck started throwing out billows of smoke going home and got a fixit ticket from the CHP for excessive smoke. I showed the Officer the invoice showing clearly the amount of oil they put in 6 quarts which was two quarts too many. The Small claims court was setup but the company paid me for a new engine with the evidents that they put in too much oil and refused to take some out!

1 Like

Does Australia have something like a Small Claims court ?

1 Like

[quote=“VOLVO-V70, post:50, topic:183191”]
Does Australia have something like a Small Claims court ?
[/

Yes, we have Fair Trading

we have to go fair trading first then to court but most cases deal it very fast with fair trading.

It was terrible last winter :snowflake: but everything is okay at the moment everyone walks freely businesses are back to normal. Now we’re moving into winter again might be the same or worse than last year lol …like never ending story :sweat_smile:

Not just the car problems that we have our home builder also took the 50k and running away from us too it’s has been 6 months ,the house should be finished by now but they used covid as excuses then bad weather . We just told them we’re taking them to fair trading so they asking for 2 more weeks if they don’t start they will refund the deposit.

My car is 2015 made s60 R-design, always service on time and all mechanics said the engine is still running great. Even the mechanic who messed up my car was very impressed how good the engine was when he first worked on our car. To me it’s just electronics issues after changed alternator and ECU we should be back on track but after he messed up the oil pan I think we have more problems with the engine now.

No offence meant , but if you go to Fair Trading you will need to describe your problems and event timeline much better than you have here . Plus having all receipts and paper work .

Yes I do aware of that , thank you.I have diagnostic report done before the oil pan damaged beside wrong alternator and new ECU the engine is perfectly fine. we will get another Report done this time too.

Thank you :blush:

It’s crazy! My car broken down at our local shops car park it’s about 10km away from our home. We paid $300 for 5-10km towed and the Volvo dealership is 150km :sweat_smile:. That’s way we called the mobile mechanic to get the car started then drove to Volvo for a better look.

Sorry, you are having troubles, If there is a next time make sure you hire help that has documents showing he has worked on your model of vehicle.

He is a licensed mobile mechanic with his van full of tools it’s common thing here now people using mobile mechanic because it’s handy they come to your house. They are part of the big companies fancier . But I think it just our bad luck calling him who’s careless, after damaged my car he was slammed on my car door like it was my car’s fault due to the incident he did. And I paid $75k for the car and he throw the hard plastic panel underneath the oil pan ( to protect damage to the car from Little Rock ) in the bin says you don’t need this! So I was very mad and had a go at him. I kept it at my garage it’s damaged from the jack slipped that damaged the oil pan. Its a big piece of hard plastic panel I don’t know what you called it?

Well it must have just been your bad luck? I am a mobile mechanic I would never do any customer that way!

take pictures of it and add it to the list of damage. he did not use the correct vehicle jacking points. it seems he did not bother checking where they are and just placed the jack underneath and lifted from your oil pan creating all the damage. he did not even know the pan was where he was lifting from because he left the plastic cover on.

1 Like

He won’t touch my car again that for sure and if my engine is damaged I’ll make sure he’s paying for it.