Need Advice for my next new car purchase!

At your age that money invested would allow you to retire a few years earlier but to each his/her own. Otherwise, it might be handy should you suffer an unexpected career setback or health issue. You will get great trade-in on the Crosstreck. In my opinion, cars like to be driven regularly, and if you were to split your usage half and half, both cars will only be doing 6K a year. I am offering advice because you asked. So I say get the car you want which is the latest and greatest and enjoy it. If the Crosstreck is better than your wife’s car, keep it and get rid of hers.

Last week a 2018 Stinger GT came though our used car recon department, $40,000 for a used Kia? No thank you, I’ll take the Dodge.

I thought the Stinger GT when new was over 50K. I will take the KIA any day of the week over an FCA product. My neighbor has one. Nice vehicle.

Hey just found this comparison

1 Like

BMW owners will be offended if they see non - capital letters . Now that you have divulged that you are not the only one in this household the only opinion that matters is your wife . How she feels about a large expense and more insurance cost really is important.

Reading and watching ads and videos about various vehicles may garner information but you won’t have a real clue about what fits your wishbone until you test drive your potential wish list and narrow down the list from there. And since you expect your wife to sometimes need to drive whichever vehicle you choose, I recommend having her test drive those vehicles that end up on your narrowed down short list to be certain she also is comfortable driving your final choice.

3 Likes

According to Consuer Reports in 2018, Audi and BMW were in the top ten most reliable vehicles, at 7 and 8 respectively. Stay away from the first couple of years of the generation of the vehicle, and they will have worked out may of the problems that show up at that stage of the life cycle.

I’m sure you are aware that Audi and BMW are expensive to maintain. These days, maintenance costs are a lot higher than repair costs. If you don’t mind paying the extra costs associated with the one you like best, go for it.