My Versa makes a gurgling noise when I accelerate. I have been told many things from my dealership from it's the way I drive to that is a normal sound. Is it normal? If it was why did it start 5 months after I bought the car?

Even so, I think Tester’s idea above to have the cooling system air bled is where I’d start if I had that problem.

If that doesn’t do the trick, and nothing else above, or it works then the problem returns in a few weeks, probably good idea to have the engine checked for a head gasket problem.

Are you hearing a fluid type sound or a growl sound from the induction system of the engine?

@vrebosch How many miles on vehicle when you first went to the dealer and what was written on your paper work when you picked it up. The part about not keeping records and the part about the way you drive just don’t sound right. Is this a Nissan dealership ?

It’s a fluid sound

There was 55000km on the car and a 60000km warrantee. Yes this is a dealership. The first time I brought it in they replaced the catalytic converter. And ever since then it makes this noise. It makes get be that my car sounded like a tank and I couldn’t hear it at first but as soon as they changed the catalytic converter lots of noises came out

About the records. The look of embarrassment on the service managers face was obvious that they messed up considering everything that they have done has not been documented.

Your use of kilometers leads me to think you are not in the united states. Has any one else heard the noise you are writing about. You should really contact Nissan because a Nissan dealer should document everything that is done to a vehicle warranty work or not.

It may be that you have to pay an independent mechanic to find the problem and send a copy of the diagnosis to Nissan.

Just friendly advise. Kilometers times .62 equals miles.

It is quite likely the service manager practices that look of embarrassment in the mirror every morning before they leave for work.

1 Like

Since you started to hear new noises after the cat replacement, good idea to have the shop double-check the cat heat shield installation. And the entire exhaust system’s hangers. If anything is loose it will definitely rattle, and it will usually rattle much worse at certain engine rpms than others.

You have stated at least 2x that the problem has been identified. So please tell us what it was so we can stop all this guessing nonsense.

The problem is, for some reason the cooling system is getting air entrained and it causes noise in the heater core.

This means in order to get air in the cooling system, the system has to lose coolant.

So what don’t you understand?

Tester