My Honda Accord 96: Light maintenance or serious stuff?

I have this Honda Accord 1996,automatic trans.,16 valves for 6 months. I performed a complete turn up a week ago. After that I realized that the check engine light come up like after 15 minutes while the engine is running then, it will start misfiring. I really wonder what’s going on. I will highly appreciate your help here.

Thank you in advance

Please tell us the mileage and what exactly ou did with the “TURN UP”. Did yu do this yourself, or did a shop do it? If yourself, did you use a proper manual with directions?

The mileage is 140,000. The Turn up was done in a work shop by a mechanic. Plugs, wiring, oil and air filter have been changed.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P1234) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

Honda was forced by the government to extend the warranty on 96 and 97 Hondas until 150k as a result of not fully complying with the OBD emission rules in 96. As a result, all components that may turn the check engine light on except for transmission codes are covered for free. Call your dealer for details.

You should get the codes read, but a wild guess here, you put in the wrong plugs or the wires don’t have the correct resistance, and that won’t be covered. You may have also knocked a vacuum tube loose somewhere.