My 2010 buick lacrosse cxs is releasing antifreeze from the top of the coolant tank thru the little hole and running hot any suggestions on the problem and how I can fix it?

My 2010 buick lacrosse cxs is releasing antifreeze from the top of the coolant tank thru the little hole and running hot any suggestions on the problem and how I can fix it ?

You have told us so little about your car and your problem, i have no answers, just questions.

What “little hole” are you talking about? Under what conditions does the car overheat? Has this just happened or has it been running hot for a while?

Is the check engine light on? Has the engine been loosing coolant before this.

What engine and how many miles?

Answer everything I asked, and I’ll try and help further.

If you can’t answer Mustangmans’ questions, I suggest you have it towed to a mechanic.
If you have not been servicing the cooling system on schedule, do not be surprised if you need a new radiator along with thermostat and hoses.

3 Likes

Running hot can ruin an engine. Can you drive it to a good mechanic without another overheating incident? The symptoms are consistent with a leaking head gasket: combustion gasses overpressurize the cooling system. It could be something less serious. Hope for that, but prepare for a new head gasket or a new or used engine.

Good luck and please let us know.

3 Likes

I have a mechanic coming to me today to check on it

Ok cool I have a mechanic coming today I’ll post the end results

Just use the red reply button on the bottom of the page, we can see all the comments and your all replies.