My 2001 dodge dakota ..UHHHHHHH

When I start my truck up in the morn, it makes a very loud tick , tick, tick, tick,tick tick tick… but then it will go away . It just started, The oil is changed religiously and well maintained… what could this be coming from the engine

The engine counting down to destruction? In a minor case it could be a bad anti drain back valve in the oil filter. This saves you from having to fill the filter at startup. Is the oil thicker than it should be for your climate.

I always hated the fan noise for the first couple miles in my 01 till the fan clutch warms up. Seems to be a common complaint. I’ve been running without a fan for 2 years. Of course, I don’t drive in stop and go traffic.

Did it start after an oil change or a change in the weather? Have you checked the oil level? Is it the right oil?

That is typical of not getting the oil up to the valves quickly. On some cars the oil filter has a valve in it to help keep the oil up in the valves.

Assuming it is just a wrong/cheap filter that does not have a valve, or a malfunctioning valve, you don’t really have much to worry about. It will go away with the next oil & filter change.

Hydraulic valves can leak down when the engine is not running and will make a ticking noise until they pump back up after a restart. As long as the ticking stops you probably don’t have anything to worry about. I had a VW van that would take up to 2-3 minutes for the ticking to stop. It was considered by most owners to be normal for that vehicle.