Mustang will not start! Motor flooded

Recently my mustang ecoboost has been having problems because it dies randomly and doesn’t start back up, I toke it to the dealership and they said the motor was flooded with fuel and they toke out the fuel and fixed it for a week afterwards it cuts off randomly at red light then started back up in the morning after I towed it home. So I decided to put on my stock injectors and guess what? It happens again on stock tune! Only mods currently are coil packs(doesn’t really give hp), intake, and a exhaust system.
I personally have no idea what the issue is.

Nor would I!

Tester

1 Like

Why did they drain the fuel? Did you have diesel fuel in the tank?

1 Like

You know how to change parts, now you need to learn how to troubleshoot.

When it stalls, is it because it lacks gas or spark? I don’t know what you know so I don’t know how far back in the process to start.

1 Like

So what the invoice said was basically they shut off the fuel pump and cranked the engine multiple times until there is no fuel inside the engine.

Did they check if the oil pan is twice as full?

Tester

1 Like

Well notice that it starting running in the morning and I was driving to school… So I guess that the fuel must have cleared out over night then while driving in the morning it shut off when the fuel flooded the engine again…

The oil pan? The invoice showed they cleaned the fuel and charged the battery.

Where do think all that gas went in the flooded cylinders when they cranked the engine over?

Tester

1 Like

They let air in the engine which I guess dryed the fuel out?

But I could be wrong

Ya think?

Tester

1 Like

I was wrong, you need to learn a lot more about cars before learning how to troubleshoot.

I am also going to have to raise my hand and ask what your dipstick (if you even have one) reads in regard to the oil level in the engine. The reason @Tester mentions this is a rather good one. If you are over fueling then the chances of the crankcase drinking the excess fuel go up dramatically. This can be akin to when a carburetor constantly leaks fuel down into the intake…it will pollute the oil in the crankcase and can raise crankcase oil levels a lot…with raw fuel. So I would check that possibility forthwith.

This car has obviously seen modification to its fuel system, ECU as well as ignition system. The problem resides in one of these modifications I would guess. Time to start systematically testing out each mod and or restoring it back to stock. There is a lot of troubleshooting you can do here but I cannot write out all those instructions, tho many on this forum can vouch that I try to do just that from time to time as I write yet another novel on how to diagnose and troubleshoot various things. I’m trying to save ink and my sanity lately, so… no novel today. All I can say is you need to do some serious troubleshooting after all the mods you applied here. The dealer wont do it for you and if they do, you and your wallet will regret it

2 Likes

There’s a better than average chance that the CAI you have requires a tune to run properly. Why did you change out the fuel injectors? The stock ones will support over 400 HP without issue.

Because all the aftermarket places sell them! Never mind the stock parts support 400 hp, they SELL them so they MUST be better. From his previous post about this car it is apparent Mike is a parts changer with very little knowledge about what he’s doing.

dont rip on the guy because he has a turbo car that can be modified without great effort. you put the stock injectors and tune back. so you have a stock motor with an aftermarket intake. which i think means filter assy? not familiar with the piping from turbo to manifold. which i assume is stock?
sounds like motor was running rich at all times. idle, part throttle, midrange and in boost conditions. but without a scan tool you cant really tell. did you ever have car on a dyno to check the settings?

I really need to look up what engine options are available for the latest Mustangs out there. They have piqued my interest lately and I must admit I don’t know all the drive train options available of late. If I had the money instead of real estate I could see me driving one of those beauties. But I don’t think the dealership will be impressed with my list of land and property holdings.

It may be time for me to push the “liquidate button” and put some green into my bank account…then buy gold…then move, then go surfing, a beautiful lady… Huh whats that? Aaaah yes my alarm clock…caught me dreamin again. I had better make some kind of move soon, I’m not getting any younger. Wasn’t I talking about Mustang’s before?

1 Like