Motor Rebuilt and Catalytic Converter replaced - Cabin Vibrates

Was caught in the flashflood coming back from Framingham in July in my Volvo S60 2003. Car engine died but no water came into the cabin. The Midas shop at the Framingham/Natick line was great and was able to start my car. A week later when I was back in Boston I took the car in to a the Volvo dealer where I have always had service done to be checked. A slight lifter noise was detected but after they did an oil change it went away slightly. On my way to work in early October a piston went through the engine. Had car towed to dealer and the engine was replaced. Picked up car and noticed vibration in the cabin. On my way back to the dealer the next morning the engine light came on. The Catalytic Converter was replaced at that time. When I picked up the car there was still visible vibration in the cabin. Brought it back to dealer again and “they could duplicate” the vibration. Called my insurance adjuster again. He looked a the car and did notice the vibration. My car did not vibrate before the flashflood, was a smooth riding car that I enjoyed. The car now is not how a Volvo car rides and is certainly not how my car was before the flashflood. The car “looks like my car” but does not run like my car. I need advise on how my car can be returned to the previous condition and the car that I loved. When the adjuster looked at my car again he did not see any problem with engine mounts. Any advise would be much appreciated!

The balance shaft on the rebuilt engine might not be aligned correctly,

If any of the electrical components were submerged while your vehicle was involved in the flash flood, this may be the beginning of many problems to come.

Tester

Check the engine mounts - or better yet, replace them. A bad lower transmission mount can produce a shaking when the car gets between 45 to 50 mph. IPD out of Portland has a firmer lower mount than the OEM. Also, have the tires inspected and balanced. If they are wearing uneven, it could be a sign of a problem in the wheel components. Maybe the flash flood caused water to get into something, causing rusting and ceasing of components. A good tire place can inspect the front tires and tell if there is something else going on.

A lot of things could cause an engine vibration and it would help to at least know what if any codes are present in the computer.

You also state the engine was replaced. Replaced with what; a remanufactured or salvage yard motor?
If the latter, maybe there’s a mechanical issue with it and that’s not really rare for a boneyard motor or transmission in spite of any guarantees to the contrary.