Most ridiculous aftermarket add-ons

You’re right Bing. I never thought of that. There are some very sick people out there, and if there’s any possibility that the stickers might make a family a target they should be avoided.

This might be an option if you are worried about stick figure security

I think I see my HK USP 9mm Tactical in there. (Third from the right. The muzzle extension is for a silencer.)

Where do you come up with that stuff?

Speaking of bumper stickers . . .

"My child has perfect attendance . . . "

“My child is an honor student at such and such middle school. 3.0GPA”

Perfect attendance is a big deal . . . ?

A 3.0 GPA is cream of the crop . . . ?

I depise predators and please give them no help-I know the way I want to deal with them-Kevin

@Barkydog‌
While that does make a nice decal, there’s been news in NC where criminals are targeting vehicles with pro-gun stickers looking for weapons to steal.

That said, left to right: AR15, Mosberg 500, Remington 700, Glock 19, S&W J-frame, H&K USP(or a Sig Sauer) with threaded barrel, Beretta 92FS, and Luger P08

names, decals, stickers, labels, are ALL a rediculous addition to any vehicle.
I have driving to do , I do not wish to read about your kids, your sound system, your political or religious affiliation etc.

I even hate white lettered tires.
If you want ME to advertise for YOU…there’d better be some PAY for me in there somewhere ! ( like the complete vehicle skins for businesses )

Well, Ken, to a point I agree, but I also proudly display my Air Force Veteran status, my status as the father of a Navy Seabee, and my American flag. And when my son was serving in combat my car (and my house) wore the “blue star” flag, which designates a family member serving in combat.

I should add that I served in an era (the end of the Viet Nam war) when it was dangerous to wear a uniform to a bar, risky to wear it in public, and we were warned to NEVER travel alone in uniform, even while traveling home after discharge. I’ve never been beaten up, but I’ve had cans and bottles thrown at me and been called a “baby burner” and “killer” by people trying to pick a fight. I will NOT ever allow that to happen again. I WILL fly my veteran status and my pride in my military son.

I believe that those who have the “family stickers” on their vehicles are displaying pride in their families as well, although I now recognize thanks to this thread that they can unfortunately make them a target to bad individuals…

Stickers designed to intentionally incite conflict, as some of them are, should not be on vehicles. But I would defend people’s right to have them as long as they’re not vulgar. Children do see these stickers.

If someone wants stickers on their car then have at it IMO. Some of those stickers can be pretty vulgar and while I’m by no means a prudish person, I tend to think of someone who drives around with an X-rated sticker, or bull balls, as a pretty classless, low-brow individual.

There’s a soccer-mom type around here who drives an SUV with a fairly large picture of her cheerleader daughter in the back window. The daughter is skimpily dressed and a sticker refers to pride in the daughter being a cheerleader at X high school. Considering how many twisted individuals there are running around out there this seems like a very bad idea to me as ridiculous could turn into dangerous very quickly.

Showing pride in past or current military affiliations with stickers or license plates is fine with me and a sincere thank you to TSM and his son for their service.

Speaking of classless and low-brow, I think those people who referred to service personnel in the VN era as baby killers fall into that category. :frowning:

In truth it was a very small percentage of the population. But the scars are real.Thank God that has changed. It took 9/11 to do it, but everything is different now.

In truth it was a very small percentage of the population.

After Nam…I attended Syracuse University…it was NOT that small of a percentage…especially on campus. I NEVER wore my uniform when home on leave.

I remember the culture in the 1970s. Being a veteran didn’t get you anywhere in the job market, even at big, conservative employers. I recall that Bethlehem Steel put out a memo stating that being a veteran would have no positive impact on getting a job. I worked for them at the time. Also, all the engineers 2 to 10 years older than me had letters from the company stating that they worked in a defense related industry to avoid being drafted.

well my Baltimore oriole sticker and US flag sticker may make me a target for yankee fans and talibans, but I live in the fast lane :slight_smile:

Mike, you’re right. I may be just giving the general population the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps to soften the memory for myself.

Sometimes drivers appear to have an identity crisis.

I once knew a guy who came over from Scotland and ended up working for the Canadian subsidiary of a US company. He drove a Japanese Toyota with a proud “ECOSSE” (French for Scotland) bumper sticker on his car.

The wife of a local shoe manufacturer had a “Buy American” bumper sticker on her Japanese made car.

The first thing I did when I got out of the Army…was to grow my hair long again…so no one would know that I had been in the Army…let alone Nam. I always looked young. Some friends I made in college were amazed I was 2-3 yours older then them. They were the few who knew I was in Nam.

I put the whole experience in a closet somewhere in the back of my mind and walked away, where it stayed until 9/11 when the door flew open and a lot of old emotions came bursting out.

Stickers displaying pride in one’s military service are certainly not ridiculous add-ons, so I’d feel sort of hypocritical calling other types of stickers showing pride ridiculous.

Anyway, anybody got some more ridiculous add ons? The subject has certainly generated more fun memories than I ever thought it would.

I’ll go a little off topic . . .

“The wife of a local shoe manufacturer had a “Buy American” bumper sticker on her Japanese made car.”

My Camry was built in Kentucky

American workers built that car

One could argue that I did indeed “buy American”

I believe the Ford Fusion is made in Mexico

Mexican workers built that car

Are you absolutely certain the car wasn’t built in America?

For that matter, are you absolutely certain that any given American car was actually built here, versus Canada, Mexico, etc.

@db4690‌
There is a wide spread of differences in how people consider “Made In”

As an engineer, I tend to attribute much more weight to where a product / car is designed than wherever the manufacturing is actually taking place. Especially so because even when manufacturing is subcontracted, the original design team still plays a tremendous role.

The car, for instance a Camry made in Kentucky, is still made to the same guidelines defined by Toyota engineers, the manufacturing process used was conceived by Toyota engineers. Everything involved in taking a blank piece of paper and ending up with a fleet of cars, except for the actual assembly of parts which is becoming increasingly more automated, is done by Japanese Toyota.