More odd behavior at work

After an inspection of a car I was sitting in my car making a couple of phone calls. I noticed a utility truck for the local water company was making its way house by house in my direction. When I looked up from my paperwork I saw the employee walking in a yard to the water main. His left eye had a bandage over it. Oh, poor guy I thought. He did his business and turned around. Then I noticed he had a bandage over his right eye also! He jumped in his truck and drove part me and YES, both eyes had patches over them. My camera did not power up fast enough so no pic but it was a sight.

Have you seen any oddities at work?

I drove around in my truck the other day and this guy kept looking at me, like he’s never seen someone with eye patches before.

I don’t go to work anymore but the way the garbage truck driver has been leaving my cans, I’d swear he’s got eye patches.

See your opthamologist. It’s impossible to drive with patches over both eyes You yourself may have a “floater”, which is a piece of dead tissue (or whatever) that floats around inside the eyeball and can cause unusual visions. “Floaters” are not uncmmon, but should be looked at.

If I was able to track my floaters, my eyeballs would be in opposite sides.

Thanks alot guys. It’s like telling someone to not think about their blinking. Now all I can see are the floaters…

;-D

I’m enjoying the banter, and like a good laugh, but the suggestion was a serious one.

I’ve had a total of 5 surgeries on my eyes this past year, four for glaucoma and one for something wrong with my iris (now fixed). And I’m scheduled December 10th for the first of two cataractt surgeries. One’s vision is not something to be dismissed lightly.

Yup, I’ll have a patch for awhile. First on one eye, then the other. And to think I missed Halloween. I could have been a pirate.

Thanks alot guys. It's like telling someone to not think about their blinking. Now all I can see are the floaters...

Welcome to my world. They’ve gotten more visible the last couple of years, to where they’ve become an annoyance. Eye doc says not to do anything yet though, unless they go beyond annoying and into the territory of vision-impairing.

smb is right - you should have an othalmologist examine your eyes if you see floaters. I’ve seen floaters for 90% of my life. They can mean that you are a candidate for a detached retina. My sister had one, and she was miserable. But there is no guarantee that there are problems. My eyes are just fine, except for being extremely nearsighted. Still, I’m a very lucky guy.

@RemcoW
I drove around in my truck the other day and this guy kept looking at me, like he’s never seen someone with eye patches before.

OMG! I was watching something very serious and sad on PBS, Ken Burns doc on the dust bowl and when I read this I laughed out loud. My fam looked at me like I had three heads. Too funny.

@the same mountainbike
How come these floaters stayed right on this dudes eyes?

Meaneycatz, I wasn’t suggesting that the floaters might be in HIS eyes…I was suggesting that the floaters might be in YOUR eyes.

@the same mountainbike

Yes, I know that, thats why I stated “why were the “floaters” in his eyes”, meaning they stayed fixed in one position under his glasses. Think about it, if they were in mine they would have floated all over the landscape since they are called…floaters.

Not necessarily.
The suggestion was well intentioned, but it’s impossible for me to know exactly what you saw. This one is a tough call.