Moldy Smell in 2013 FIT

Intermittently, when I turn on the A/C or the Heat in my 2013 Honda FIT I get a moldy smell that lasts for about 10-20 minutes. This has been going on since I bought the car. Since they can’t reproduce it they don’t know what’s going on. The car is still under warranty and I’ve brought it back twice. This time they checked the filter but it looked fine. I told them I don’t want it back until the problem has been solved. They’ve had it for four days now. I live in Los Angeles where it’s really dry if that helps any. Phew.

That is mold in the condenser coil. They can spray a cleaner in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi22mdXj3wM

Thank you so much. I’m picking it up today from the dealer because I need it for a few days. I wrote everything down from the video and am presenting it to the service rep. (who i’ve known for years.) and I will have him check it all next time. Video made perfect sense and confirmed what I’ve been saying about standing water. Checking the filters do nothing. I’ll keep you updated. Thanks again!

Did you smell the mold when you went on the test drive, before you bought the car?

A clogged A/C evaporator drain may be the root of the problem.