MOISTURE in HEADLITE CASE(plastic)

is there a way of clearing out the moisture ,short of buying a new unit for approx $300.00.

2003 Hyundai XG350L

Drive around with your headlights on from now on. If you never drive at night or not enough to keep them dried out, it’s possible the moist air inside your lens doesn’t have a chance to dry out. This isn’t a good fix, but it might be better than spending 300, plus you’ll be safer on the road with your headlights on.

The fun of those fancy modern headlamps. In the old days you spent $5.00 and 5 minutes and you had a new sealed beam headlamp.

find the source of the leak,whether its the O-ring (due to an improper install) or the seal on the housing itself?

soapy water and a little (and i mean LITTLE compressed air will reveal the true source.

BLOOM in the OCEAN!

Remove the assembly. Fill it with distilled water. Find the leak. Dry it out. Seal the leak with silicone seal. Put the assembly back in the car. I have done this many times on different cars.

Remove the headlight assembly. Use a hair dryer to dry out the assembly. Finding the leak is the hard part. I just applied a bead of silicone caulk around the lense/body seam of the assembly. This did the trick for my 2000 Blazer.

Ed B.

Those Fancy Modern Headlamps Cost $5.00! In The Old Days You Could Just Trim The Wick!

Joseph, I don’t think we’ll be going back, any time soon. I do wish the headlight engineering genii would figure out a way to keep them from “weathering” in just a few years, though. They are designed to last through the warranty peiod, but I drive my cars way beyond that.