Mitsubishi Endeavor

My wife drives a 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor that has 61,000 miles on it…when we purchased the car it had 39,000 miles on it. We were told by our dealership service department that we were due for a replacement of a timing belt according to the mileage on the car…that it should be replace at 60,000 miles…Now, I have had some people tell us that we could go between 75,000 and 100,000 miles before we need to change…QUESTION…who is correct? Would love to hear a good report that is a correct report regarding the timing belt. Thank you for your help. Jim

Read the Manual, it looks like 60k might be recommended. Sure maybe you could go more miles, do ya feel lucky? Where would you prefer a breakdown, will a broken timing belt cause major damage?

Regardless, why quibble over a few thousand miles when breaking down could be an issue. I’m with “water boy”.

I’m With Dagosa (And Of Course Waterboy), Seriously.

However, jweaver1936, be aware that when shopping for your next vehicle, a consumer can find a suitable one that has a timing chain, instead of the belt, that will ordinarily last the lifetime of the vehicle. I’m done with timing belts.

My wife and I drive over 30,000 miles/per year. I just don’t need the hassle or the expense.

Git’r Done.

CSA

It’s in your service manual that came with the car. If you don’t have one, get an account here and download one:

The official version is what the manufacturer recommends. If it is different than what the dealer’s service department says, ignore the service department.