Miss Lube Rack 1955

But I also see no dishonor in a woman having BEEN "Miss Lube Rack"

In that we agree. I’ve grown more than tired of societal disapproval being the arbiter of what is and is not OK for people to do.

Assuming “Miss Lube Rack” was not coerced, tricked, or forced into posing against her will, being opposed to her having posed is absurd.

The sooner we get it through our collective thick skull that people doing things which they want to do and which do not harm anyone else is OK no matter what they want to do, the better off we as a society will be.

Well said.

Well lets be honest. No major decision is made in the White House without consulting Valerie Jarrett. Valerie is certainly no centrist. The folks behind the scenes pulling the strings are scary.

Joe McCarthy rises again! :wink:

There was never any “Miss Lube Rack”…That’s all been Photoshopped into the picture. The ORIGINAL pictures appeared in Life Magazine in 1951 as part of a story featuring the opening of a “Super-Market” style auto dealership. There was no Miss Lube Rack content in the article. Whoever went through the trouble of doing this (the pictures and the text began circulating about 5 or 6 years ago when Nancy was still Speaker of The House), they created the whole Miss Lube Rack thing as part of the endless torrent of misinformation aimed at Democratic politicians…

Soooooo… the attached is all fake?

Oh, boy. I’ve not been in all day, but thank you, TSM, for making it more car-related.

Holy cow. Those were good picks but as the college kids would say that’s a little sexist. Back in the days though when everyone seemed to work together side by side instead of fighting each other.

That $34.95 paint job made me feel a little better. Back when I had my 60 Morris Minor painted, I negotiated the price down to $20 if I did all the sanding, prep, taping etc. so all they had to do is spray it out. I felt like I cheated them but evidently not for just the paint and time in the booth.

You’re welcome good lady.

Mr Obama is significantly farther left than his record indicates. The job of President of the United States makes the office holder do what he has to first rather than what he wants to. Mr. Obama is not nearly as militaristic as his record would indicate. And George W Bush would not have done a lot of the things he is derided for except that he wanted to protect the USA from additions attacks like the World Trade Center destruction.

Guys, I love to talk politics too, but Carolyn has given us a subtle hint that we should return the subject to car-related topics. This is, after all, a car forum. Out of respect for the good lady I propose we take the hint.

I like radical and conservative cars. The Ariel Atom is about as radical as it gets, and I’m also quite fond of the Lexus GS350. I’m looking forward to the 2016 with the improved informatics system.

I like radically different cars, but the Ariel Atom is a bit inside-out for my taste.
Now a Morgan three-wheeler… I’d LOVE one of those!

I should have researched a little deeper…The photos are indeed unaltered. But the girl in the picture is NOT Nancy Pelosi as the spam emails claimed. Again, sorry…

the same mountainbike: I don’t get the Republican propaganda comments at all. If anything, wrongfully accusing Nancy of being Miss Lube Rack is a compliment! No comment on what Miss Polish Job’s specialty was…

Hee hee. I sense some don’t see the humor in all this.

With all due respect, I am sure I heard the line about "con"gress being the opposite of "pro"gress from Gallagher. I can hear that southern twang of his as I think of it. I think he said it on the special where he had the giant grey couch he pulls out about halfway thru the show. That would have been around 1985 give or take.

I’ll try to keep this brief, but I think the reason you see more lies and propaganda from the far right than the far left is that the far right is so much better funded and organized. You’ve got people like the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, Foster Freize (sp?) and the hedge fund billionaires, vulture capitalists, etc pouring billion$ of dollars into organizations with innocuous sounding names like “Americans For Prosperity” and “Club For Growth” and likely dozens of other front groups all over the country, all towards the purpose of manipulating unsophisticated blue collar people into voting against their own economic well-being by playing on fear, xenophobia, racism. Divide and conquer.

George Carlin says on his album “Jammin’ In New York” at the beginning of the track “Little Things We Share”, “That’s how the ruling class operates in any society, they try to keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other while they the rich run off with all the money. Fairly simple thing, happens to work.”

Remember around the same time the Tea Party took off a group called Occupy Wall Street began as well (We. . . Are. . . The 99%). Well, the Tea Party is still around but Occupy Wall Street faded away, (in my opinion) largely because Occupy Wall Street didn’t have any billionaire sugardaddies to fund and organize and sustain them.

Although Lewis Black did have some praise for the Tea Party leadership. He said, “If you can convince a group of people, who barely have a pot to pixx in, that the RICH shouldn’t be TAXED. . . THAT is leadership!”

When you have two people, one, two. TWO people, spending at least $886 million dollars on one campaign, that is not freedom of speech, that is a BUSINESS INVESTMENT. I guarantee you that if their handpicked candidate gets in the White House, they are going to expect a big return on that investment, and I am quite sure that there is nothing on their agenda that is going to benefit anyone who earns a living by the sweat of his or her brow.

Please accept my apologies for being off-topic, but this seems to be the rare place on the internet where these ideas can be discussed intelligently without devolving into empty name calling on both sides. I, for one, really enjoy reading these exchanges of ideas, and hope that I am making an intelligent contribution as well.

Give it a rest, people.

@“the same mountainbike” Agreed, as fun as debating politics is, we shouldn’t be doing it here. Apologies to @cdaquila .

the Ariel Atom is a bit inside-out for my taste.

Have you seen Clarkson’s review of it? It’s hilarious.

Thanks. Now where did I leave my Miss Moderation 2015 sash this morning?

TSM and @shadowfax said it better than I. Digressions are great and can shed light on the original topic. I only ask that they be temporary and come back to something at least vaguely automotive. There’s no need to apologize, Ed. Just know that when a discussion looks like it’s going to wander so far it forgot where it started, I’ll stick my head in.