Miles per gallon

i have a 2008 honda accord 4cyl 190 hp

my mpg is about 20 miles per gallon.

i keep the presure in my tires about 35psi

the spec is 32psi

Noted, thanks.

Do you have a question?

Not good,it should do better then that,my 2000 Accord can hit 34 on a trip-Kevin

If you’re driving in downtown Manhattan 20 mpg is pretty good.

Or if you use the car exclusively for drag racing.

How, exactly, are you measuring the mileage?

Thanks for the story. Will you please tell me another?

I have a 2004 Trailblazer 6cyl >1 hp
I don’t know my mpg because I never measure it.
I keep the pressure in my tires within spec.
I like apples.
Children trust me.
I can make a 5 minute egg in less than 1 minute.

Well,

I have a 08 Ford Expedition EL…12 mpg
AND
An 06 Ford Escape hybrid…30 mpg

— OXYMORON ----

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger 8cyl 350hp.
My mpg is 19 miles per gallon. (Average)
I keep the pressure in my tires at 32psi.
The spec is 32psi.

I’d say your Accord needs some attention!

I have a 1998 Civic with four cylinders.
My MPG is about 30 in the city, and 36 on the highway.
I keep the tire pressure at the factory spec (29 PSI in the rear, 30 PSI in the front)

A 2008 Honda Accord properly maintained and driven should get better mileage than that, but much depends upon your driving environment and your driving style. If it’s all stop and go and you’re accelerating as fast as the car can go between every light, your mileage will be much lower than rated.

How many miles are on the car?
What is your driving style?
How well has the car been maintained?
What is your driving environment?

2010 Mazda CX-7, 4cyl turbo, 244hp
The onboard computer tells me I’m averaging 16 mpg
I haven’t filled it up yet, but it’s almost to a quarter tank at nearly 200 miles on the trip/odometer.
Haven’t checked the tire pressure yet either, should probably do that too.

ok, filled it up today to the tune of $38. Not used to spending that much, especially since my Civic doesn’t even hold 12 gallons. MY computer read 16.4mpg average, actual fill up was 16.1

I filled up my motorcycle today to the tune of $7.56. I am not used to spending that much, especially since I usually fill up every 100 miles. Today I filled up at 130 miles. I got about 47 MPG. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a 2005 F150, it is serviced probably more than required, I don’t check my gas mileage, never have on any car I owned. I can tell by the way it performs and smells if I am not burning right,since all is to spec. nothing more I can do. On to the next job.

I have a 2003 Mustang GT. 4.6L supercharged, with 4.10 gears. around 410 hp on the “every day” ECU tune, and closer to 440 HP on the “aggressive” ECU tune. I get arond 18-20 MPG driving back and forth to work, on long road trips thrift can reach upwards of 23 MPG. The tires are speced for 32 pounds, which is what I use.

I also have a 1995 Ford Bronco 5.8L, it has a 4 inch lift, 33 inch tires and 4.56 gears. It gets around 9-11 MPG no matter what kind of driving I do. since the tires a bigger than stock, I run around 30 psi, seems to work fine, I get even tire wear with that.

New Guy has apparently left the building…

Can you blame him? We had a lot of fun at his expense. :wink:

Even in the other thread he started, ( http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/2142062.page ), he probably didn’t get the responses he was hoping for.