MG TD fuel problems

I think his problem in today’s show is the fuel tank… It needs to be cleaned. When I was in college, I drove a 1954 Austin Healey 100-4. I was young like the fellow calling in today. The car would unexpectedly stop for no reason but it would slow down the same way as the MGTD just before it would stop. I would let the car sit for 10 minutes and it would restart without issue…drive for an hour…drive for several days till it would happen again… Rust inside the fuel tank is the deal…the pick up is getting clogged.

Great show guys… Love you guys…

PS…What…no older English cars in the make and model selection.!!!

My 2002 Honda CRV was doing the same thing. I discovered that I didn’t have to pull over and stop for 10 minutes. I just depress the clutch, turn the engine off and turn it back on. Then I’m back at full power, until the next time. For me it was at 2800 rpm. I took it to my husband’s Toyota mechanic and complained about using too much oil as well. I have 243,946 miles on mine. He tightened all the fittings and both problems stopped! I’ll bet there’s a small leak somewhere in the oil line.
Good luck, Douey (like Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe)