Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show

Metal Tee for Heater Hose

I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan with a 3.3L V6. I had some work done on the heater hoses that go to the rear heat and the front heat. The local garage put a plastic tee with some very good clamps on the hoses. Yesterday my wife said that all of the antifreeze had leaked out. Upon inspection today, I saw that the connections on the tee had broken on two of the connections. I went down to the local auto parts store to get a new tee, but all they had were plastic. My question is, does anybody make metal ones anymore? I need one for 5/8" heater hose. I was told by the guy at the auto parts store that heat from the engine could have caused the failure. If anyone knows where I can get a metal tee that would be great. The local stores around here don’t have them. Thanks.

I have never seen metal tees, only plastic ones, and have never had any failure like this. You might be able to find something like that at a plumbing supply store.

For a 5/8 I.D. hose you’ll have to make the tee. You’ll need three brass 3/8 NPT to 5/8 barbed hose fittings, and one 3/8 NPT brass tee fitting. Off to the hardware store!


Home depot, garden section. They make them for 5/8" garden hose. Usually more available in the spring than in the fall though.

Tester probably has the right idea. Actual 5/8" Metal Tees only seem to come in stainless steel and will be pricy. See:

Seraph, you’re kidding, right? This is what Tester was talking about…

Brass fittings:

Tee :

Whole thing knocked out for a little more than $10.