Mercedes dragged out of the way to steal garaged 2016 BMW 238i with key inside

We hide our key fobs so a criminabreaking into our house cannot also steal the vehicles.

We hide our key fobs so a criminal breaking into our house cannot also steal the vehicles .

There I fixed it for you.

Flagged for this ? OK Fine.

2 Likes

To savelectrons, the letter b has the “l” in criminal!

“Crooks are stealing tow trucks in mpls to steal cars to then remove cats. George Floyd legacy. No police force.”

These crimes are doneven with police. Police can’t beveryvhere.
Criminals do their crimes wheno.ne is around to see and reporthem.
In our neighborhood, no.ne is home during the daytime. Husband and wife are at work.
The Neighborhood Watch program is not effective because no.ne is home to watch.

That is bold though. Stealing tow truck to steal cars.

1 Like

If someone knows you have a car they are targeting, and they have time and resources, they can steal it. Most car thefts are crimes of opportunity, not the result of planning. Stealing catalytic converters is different, and it’s pretty easy with a decent floor jack and battery powered cutting tools. How would you suggest a person with a Prius protect themselves from that theft? Spending as much (or more) money as your insurance deductible to have a protective plate welded in is not realistic.

And @Robert-Gift there’s no shortage of letters of the alphabet. You can use whole separate words rather than make me struggle to untangle your posts.

2 Likes

OK. Let’s not proceed with this vein of discussion (policing) any further. I had a bad feeling it would descend to race once Cavell made his comment, and I agreed with the flag. And then someone else flagged Bing, for good reason in this instance.

1 Like

OK, gas prices? Just filled up at $2.59. Going up about a dime a day. Connect dots?

Front page of the St. Paul paper yesterday dealt with the rash of car jackings and robberies. I don’t write the headlines. From the article, these are not crimes of convenience but they lay in wait on people returning from work or the store and work in teams. Flag away-heads in sand.

[quote="Bing,
OK, gas prices? Just filled up at $2.59. Going up about a dime a day. Connect dots?

That is not suprising as prices normally start rising before peak travel periods and spring break is coming up if enough place’s open up with the virus dropping in some areas.

News story yesterday by gas co exec said it’s unheard of for gas prices to rise in February. Historically it does not happen. Millions working from home. Millions not working at all. Lower gas demand. And higher prices.

1 Like

To get our share of the Colorado River NM (no, it doesn’t flow through NM, but the San Juan flows NW out of NM into it). We built a 6’ pipe over the Rockies (imagine the pump!) all the way to Albuquerque. I used to pass by the construction site. One night I saw a billboard-sized sign, hand-drawn, advertising a reward for their stolen bulldozer.

Some fact-checking…

1 Like

Ya’ll have heard about the disastrous storm and record low temperatures in Texas, right? It shut down and damaged several large refineries, greatly decreasing gasoline production. Higher prices always happen in this situation.

2 Likes

Well I hope you are correct but we’ll see what happens when Spring rolls around shortly.

Here’s more info if you’re curious. 5.5 million barrels a day of processing were shut in:
Restarting Texas’ Damaged Oil Refineries Is Going to Take Weeks (msn.com)

“As blackouts that left millions of homes in the dark end and frozen roadways thaw, drivers can take to the road again. But refineries are left with burst pipes, leaks, damaged equipment and, in some cases, petroleum fluids that hardened into a sort of wax because the flow stopped.”

I understand burst pipes but this is the thing, these are the results of the blackouts and loss of power. So the question remains, what was the cause of the black outs in the first place? Minnesota regularly experiences below zero temps, ice storms, snow, and sleet. Our refinery continued to operate. Yes we experience localized power outages and some more severe than others, but this was a total failure of the power sources to supply the needed power to heat homes, businesses, and refineries. So is the grid hardened against weather, sabotage, power spikes? Obviously not, so why not is the question?

This was a once in a century event for Texas. You can build a facility to handle those temps, like they do in Minnesota, because they’re expected with some frequency. They’ve not been seen before (with this extent) here, so they don’t do that here.

1 Like

Clearly, Texas’ totally unique state-specific, non-interconnected power grid was not winterized. Why their power grid wasn’t adequately prepared for extreme weather conditions is something that only Mr. Abbott–the current governor–and Rick Perry–the previous governor–could answer.

As I used to tell my counselees, “failure to plan equals planning to fail”.
Hmmmm…
:thinking:

1 Like

Yeah heard that one before. So now “expect it” and go my child and do good. Don’t listen to the $500 an hour experts or the _____ that lie and pretend to know.

Not sure what your point is. Nobody wants to pay the money to prepare for all the super-low-chance events that are out there. Would you want your electric rates increased by, say, 20% for protection from something that has a good chance of not happening in your (or your child’s) lifetime?

2 Likes