Mazda 3 faster at 0-20 mph than my VW GLI

Can you tell me why my daughter’s 2006 Mazda 3 is faster at 0-20 mph than my VW Jetta GLI which has the same engine as an Audi A-3 and VW GTO

It’s the Mazda’s secret Infinite Improbability Drive system.

The Audi and the VW just can’t compete, especially from 0 to 20 mph, which, as we all know, is the most important measurement of vehicle capability and performance.

I’ll bet the Mazda was less expensive, too.

By the way, just exactly how much faster is the Mazda3 to 20 mph?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I’d be more worried about the 35 to 60 time that 4 cyl engines seem to have problems with

Is da veinersstrudel in the masnifoldergophen.

Seriously, they’re just different vehicles. Different power curves, different gearing, different weights, different everything. The times would probably even be different in the A-3 and the VW GTO (VW makes a GTO?).

I didn’t actually clock it, but it seeks that the Mazda 3 is about 2 seconds faster. Yes, the Mazda 3 is less expensive, but the GLI’s handling, steering and comfort level is much better.

If you really need to get to 20 mph 2 seconds faster, get a new Dodge Viper, they can reach 60 mph in 4 seconds.

“If you really need to get to 20 mph 2 seconds faster…”

Save money and get 1998 Buick Regal. The 3.8L is torquey to begin with, and it’s geared to have a lot of scoot up to 60 MPH or so. Or just enjoy your VW.

"If you really need to get to 20 mph 2 seconds faster, get a new Dodge Viper, they can reach 60 mph in 4 seconds."
The Norton 750 I rode was less than a second slower and much cheaper…and only had 60 hp. That and a snowmobile gets you to 60 fast, cheap and a lot more fun.

My Ducati 848 gets from 0 to 20 mph in under a second, and can even do it on one wheel, if the operator decides its necessary. :wink:

And it gets better gas mileage than the Mazda 3 or the VW Jetta.

BC.