Making Plastic Car Parts

How many of those Olds Jetfire owners actually paid for a new fill of GM’s alcohol/water solution after it went dry? Most likely, very few did unless they had their routine service done by an Olds dealership. Every time I lifted the hood of a Jetfire, I found the reservoir for that solution to be bone dry.

I got a bottle whenever necessary, and the way i drove in those days, that was quite often!

Nope. Not anyone and everyone.

No harm in keeping a car out of sentiment as you are doing. But also no reason that everyone will or should keep a car they are sentimental about.

2 Likes

Well, then I admire you. :+1:
If I had owned one, I would have done the same, but the bulk of the folks whose hood I lifted apparently didn’t agree with us.

If–as I assume–this means you wouldn’t be doing the mechanical upgrades (installing a V-8 and/or a turbocharger) yourself, then what you really need to do is to visit two or three independent mechanic’s shops.

Tell them what you want to do and ask if that plan is “doable”. If they say that it is, ask them the cost of this project, and then let us know whether you are going to proceed with it.

Nitro maybe?? Of course you may only get a couple of bangs out of that.

All irrelevant now. The OP stated that this fantasy car allegedly met doom at the hands of a friend after having a bunch of delusional performance mods performed in only 3 days time and pics would not be posted now. Pray for the friend…

That Concorde must have gone down just like the one with wings in France and at the same speed…

1 Like

Let’s hope it didn’t go down that way, because there were deaths involved in the Concorde crash in France

Imagine in the future the way they sold everything was through 3d printing. If I had to buy something they would give me a ‘signature number’ and the number would go through my 3d printer so it can create the model of the thing I wanted to buy.