Lug Nut Socket Help, Looking for a Skinny 19 mm one

Can someone please point me to a lug nut socket for this car that fits the stock rims on a 2014 Acura TSX? I think it’s similar rims to most Acura cars.

I’m trying to find a lug nut socket for this car. Meaning a socket with the protective sleave on it to prevent scratching of the rims. The stock rims for this car, seems to have a very narrow well for a socket to enter to remove the lug nuts. I know the stock lug nuts are 19 mm. I’ve tried the WETT 19 mm lug nut socket.

Which is a no-name Chinese made brand for Amazon. Doesn’t matter to me though, and seem to be good quality. They work well on my other car, they are just to thick for the TSX. The 19 mm socket was roughly 28.5 mm thick (with sleeve on). It was very tight on the lug nut, and rubbing against the rim.

I’ve also tried the Performance Tools (sold at Oriley) 13/16", which seemed to give me a better fit believe it or not. It also did not work which was 31.0 mm thick (with sleeve on). I could barley get this to fit, and there was no way I was taking the nuts off with an impact.

I also have a no name, Chinese made, Amazon brand generic 1/2" SQ drive deep impact socket that is 19 mm, which fits nicely. Just that it’s not a lug nut socket and doesn’t have the protective sleeve and I’m worried of scratching the rim. It is approximately 25.8 mm thick.

so it looks like I need one that is less than 28.5 mm wide, can anyone point me towards one? It seems most are 30 mm wide.

All I use are standard impact or regular sockets. But if you are worried about marring, just wrap duct tape around it.

2 Likes

Wrap it with 2 layers of electrical tape. That is your protective sleeve. Done.

2 Likes

Or buy 4 ft of this heat shrink tubing instead of electrical tape. You have enough material for years.

https://www.amazon.com/Chanzon-Waterproof-Adhesive-Polyolefin-Shrinking/dp/B0B618DTX5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=JZ2ZBUZCA5V6&keywords=heat%2Bshrink%2Bsleeve&qid=1705265358&sprefix=heat%2Bshrink%2Bsleeve%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

4 Likes

Yeah get two rolls. Red for sae and blue for metric.

Thanks for the tips guys with using tape or other products. I like that idea. Don’t think I’m going to find a skinner lug nut socket.

Craftsman make a thin wall socket. As for a protective sleeve, I would suggest teflon tape that plumber use, it is very thin and will not scratch your rims, and wont drag either as other types of tape might.

1 Like