Low visibility in new cars

I have a 1990 Honda Accord with great rear view visibility and low blind spots. The newer cars seem to have such small windows or so slanty windows because they are so streamlined. Is my only option to get a huge SUV? What’s my best option if I want to be as green as possible? I’m only 5’4".

Well, you definitely don’t want to buy either a Chrysler 300 or a Dodge Magnum!

The 300 features such tiny windows that an average-sized driver or passenger feels like they are midgets in a huge car. And, if one is shorter than average, this effect would be truly bizarre.

The Dodge Magnum is the only wagon that I have ever seen that has a roof that slopes down toward the rear lift gate. In other words, the entry to the rear cargo area is shorter in height than the cargo area that is further forward. Has anyone at Chrysler ever analyzed the reasons for buying a wagon? Apparently not. And, besides cargo problems, the Dodge Magnum is problematic for the driver in terms of rear and side vision, just like the Chrysler 300.

AVOID those two Chrysler products!

I agree, they all seem to have been designed in the same wind tunnel. Whenever I’m stuck in a new car (rentals) I feel like I’m inside a cave. All I can suggest is sitting in lots of cars until you find one that’s acceptable.

Well, you definitely don’t want to buy either a Chrysler 300 or a Dodge Magnum!

I was on a business trip recently and rented a Chryco 300…Worse visibility of any vehicle I ever drove in. I’m faril tall (6’3). If you’re shorter the view is even worse.

You definitely don’t want an SUV, I think they’re a bit worse than the cars.
I know the new Mustangs have such a huge blind spot in the front windshield(a-pillars) it’s not funny. I was with my mom in her 05 Cobalt and she couldn’t see the guy in the left side of the 4 way stop because of the pillar. I agree with what she said too, “It’s a good thing he wasn’t going straight”.

Check out a Kia Rondo. My in-laws just bought one. My SIL is 5-feet tall and she fits fine.

You definitely don’t want an SUV, I think they’re a bit worse than the cars.

What SUV’s have you driven in??? Everyone I’ve driven has a MUCH better field of view then 95% of the cars out there.