Looking for cheapest car insurance for a 2007 Toyota Yaris

How much is the cheapest car insurance for this vehicle, it has 123000 miles. I am situated in michigan, US.

1. Is it easy to maintain this vehicle, what are the average monthly/annual repair and maintenance cost for it?

Wrong place to ask about insurance… Google is your friend.

With a car that has 123,000 on the clock, it is impossible to say how much this car will cost to maintain. Up TO this point, it was likely just wear items like brakes and tires. Beyond this point, it depends on how the car was treated in the first 123K.

And if this has been a Michigan car for its whole 11 years, it has rust, corrosion and pothole problems that will require a VERY thorough inspection before you buy it.

2 Likes

Insurance companies all have different rates for areas, driving patterns, driving record, and age of insured. So No , I am not going to do your research for you.

As for cost to own a vehicle that is almost unpredictable.

2 Likes

Insurance is governed by the laws of your state, so the answer depends on which state you live. It also depends on where in the state you live, your age, your driving record, your education etc. There’s no need to guess though. Phone up the agents from the major insurance carriers like State Farm, Farmers, All State, Geico, USAA, AAA and get some quotes. Insurance for a 2007 Yaris should be lower than for a 2017 Yaris, and definitely lower than a 2018 big, expensive Mercedes so you got all that going for you. The insurance companies don’t seem to want to make it overly easy to compare prices, so you’ll have to just get out the yellow pages & start dialing. If you don’t like the wait on hold experience, you can write letters asking for a quote too. That’s how I’d do it. Not good at waiting on hold. If you have a military background, USAA tends to get good marks for those folks.

A 2007 Yaris should be a good used car. But make sure to have it inspected by your own mechanic before writing any checks.

In order to answer your question, I would need to have your drivers license, Age, Sex, Level of education, occupation, number od miles you commute and number of miles you drive a year, vin of your car, accident and ticket history, info about anyone else driving your car, address of where the car is kept, garage, driveway or street parking and your credit score.

I would also need to be an insurance broker, which I am not.

3 Likes

https://www.nerdwallet.com/insurance/compare-car-insurance-rates

Just be careful that the lowest cost insurance doesn’t end up being the most expensive in the long run. A good agent can be pretty important over the long haul. The other thing is, many of the parts of the total insurance bill are not tied to the car itself, but to the general risk of driving regardless of the car. Things like liability will be the same regardless. Not having good liability coverage can leave you on the hook in a bad at fault accident and make actual body damage irrelevant. Plus, the insurance company lawyers are the ones that represent you free so you want good ones. Sure people say that often people will settle for the insurance limits and leave you alone after that, but that’s not something I care to take a chance on. Got income, savings, a house, other assets? You kill a couple kids in an accident, do you think the parents or grand parents are going to leave you alone after they collect your $100,000 insurance policy? Just sayin’ is all.

I can’t just recommend an insurance company for you and hope you’ll get rates as low as mine, because shopping for car insurance relies on so many factors that you need to do the work and shop around.

Part of the equation is how much risk you’re willing to take. Since my car’s Bluebook (salvage) value is roughly $500, there is no point in carrying full coverage with a $500 deductible. If I lose my car in a wreck that is my fault, I have a motorcycle I can commute on until I can afford a new car, so I only carry the insurance that is required by law. If I had a newer car that was worth thousands of dollars, I might carry more coverage, maybe even full coverage with a $100 deductible.

…so you need to think about more than the amount of the insurance premium. You need to consider how much you’re willing to risk every time you drive your car, and balance that with what you’re able to pay.

2 Likes